Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Harry McKay is quite a funny bloke.

Screenshot_2018-07-22-18-50-55.png

Actually by gym I mean downstairs....I have a Powertec squat rack and some other gear. Mostly do free weights.

Melb I was but due to some family related things I'm not atm....but should be back early next year.

Squats about Bit below the level with parallel...my hip flexors are tight as F so I go as low as my hips will allow.
Sweet. :thumbsu:

Gil on SEN reckons they want to trial rule changes in meaningless H&A games this year. What a ****in debacle. These people are mad.

- makes multiple changes to game due to made up nonsense like people saying one incident needs to be prevented rather than be viewed as an accident.
- people dislike a lot of the changes due to unintended outcomes.
- advertisers dislike the lack of high scores and thus the lack of exposure.
-AFL dislike the lack of advertising dollars
- AFL get media to s**t an state of the game
- AFL commission analysis be done of changes to the game.

Decision.

Roll back changes?

No.

Apply more significant changes all at once?

Hells yeah

This series of events has clusterf*** written all over it.

If this does not work the clubs should seize back control of the league.

Gil on SEN reckons they want to trial rule changes in meaningless H&A games this year. What a ****in debacle. These people are mad.
Question. If both teams dont have 6 of their blokes inside their own 50 who gets paid the freekick?
Do we just ball it up repeatedly lol??

how's this.

Sitting at the lights this morning the guy next to me is looking at his phone on his lap. We make eye contact and I raise my eyebrows and shake my head. He winds down his window and says he's trying to work out directions to get to the airport so he doesn't miss his flight. I give him direction and then realize its McLachlin! So after he clarifies the directions I say, "And don't go Changing the Rules" he looks at me puzzled and begs my pardon.
I repeat, Saying "the AFL Rules, don't change them."
"oh, thats my Brother, don't worry the media are beating it up!"
"Yeah, its a problem with the media at the moment, everything is getting blown out of proportion" I reply.
Lights turn green and he shakes his head and mutters "yeah media, huh." as he drives off.
Hope he made the flight!

- makes multiple changes to game due to made up nonsense like people saying one incident needs to be prevented rather than be viewed as an accident.

Decision.

Roll back changes?

No.

Hells yeah

my concern is what happens in lower grades. The SANFL already has different rules (eg last touch) and interprets rules differently. The juniors come under SANFL rules. If the SANFL decides not to follow suit then we will end up with 2 different games being played. Who knows, could end up going the way of Rugby and League!

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Not just the media, I want starting positions at all stoppages as well.
I dont.

I actually don't think there is to much wrong with the game atm.

Sure, there are some terrible games but there are a lot of decent/good/great games on each week as well. You are always going to get hidings - a team only has to drop off 5% these days.

I truly believe the introduction of 2 new teams has thinned the player pool to the extent that its weakened the product on the field somewhat.

Take the 2 franchises out of the competition and every teams bottom 5 players are improved out of sight...

The afl need to gets its scheduling right and reward good football over supporter base size. If they get that right, ratings will prosper.

I'd also like to see the last 10 years worth of rules rescinded. Ruck, rushed behinds, sliding etc. and htb/illegal disposal cleaned up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dont.

I actually don't think there is to much wrong with the game atm.

Sure, there are some terrible games but there are a lot of decent/good/great games on each week as well. You are always going to get hidings - a team only has to drop off 5% these days.

I truly believe the introduction of 2 new teams has thinned the player pool to the extent that its weakened the product on the field somewhat.

Take the 2 franchises out of the competition and every teams bottom 5 players are improved out of sight...

The afl need to gets its scheduling right and reward good football over supporter base size. If they get that right, ratings will prosper.

I'd also like to see the last 10 years worth of rules rescinded. Ruck, rushed behinds, sliding etc. and htb/illegal disposal cleaned up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think its in a pretty bad state, to the point i only now watch north games and bit and pieces of others. I hate the numbers around the ball in all games.

I agree with you on all of your other points.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond

Decision.

Roll back changes?

No.

Hells yeah

- AFL signs record tv rights deal $$.
- Membership numbers (though can be a little dodgy) records are continually being broken just about every year for several clubs

As for TV viewership numbers I dont't have that but they'd need to include online streaming as well into it. I have seen some numbers of some games but never include streaming.

That doesn't suggest a problem with the game that needs any adjustment.

It is getting too meddled with by corporates. The AFL was set up to manage the league and I think they are going well outside of that. There are no big problems with the game. The AFL is the problem with the game.

They are there to manage to league. And not to insert politcs into it. And every year there one more added so and so round.

It's like the corporates need to try and legitimize their jobs.

Gil worst CEO of AFL that I can ever remember. And I didn't even like Andrew before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back