Opposition Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Point COMPLETELY missed.

All I see is someone with ZERO relationship to football.

Another GENDER QUOTA bullshit POLITICAL appointment.
Not really sure I follow, are you saying depression and mental health is not a concern for the AFL or professional athletes in general? That would wrong, 20 percent of athletes** express depression like symptoms. Other posters here have noted that mental health is a primary concern for players and the AFL is keen to tackle the issue***.
So, I gotta be honest, I am struggling to see how bringing a highly qualified person with a wealth of experience in these issues can be deemed some sort of political exercise. Are you suggesting she isn't qualified to assist or lead mental health programs for the afl?

*Think I quoted this time
**https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_in_the_Australian_Football_League
***On my phone, finding shit is a pain in the ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So a football background means.... Ex player, coach, administrator, stats, member or supporterM? Maybe growing up watching or kicking around the park?
What constitutes a footy background?

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
So a football background means.... Ex player, coach, administrator, stats, member or supporterM? Maybe growing up watching or kicking around the park?
What constitutes a footy background?

Someone with significant real life experience in AFL or high level football.

Waussie

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone with significant real life experience in AFL or high level football.
AFL player, coach, manager or Admin. Maybe bringing things from outside of footy is good business sense. Whether she is a woman or man makes no difference, if the person has some knowledge of footy, admin, people management, financial management and the range of other skills to take part in the running of a major industry, their qualified. Like all new employees, there is a lot to learn on the job, let's wAit and see how she goes.

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
AFL player, coach, manager or Admin. Maybe bringing things from outside of footy is good business sense. Whether she is a woman or man makes no difference, if the person has some knowledge of footy, admin, people management, financial management and the range of other skills to take part in the running of a major industry, their qualified. Like all new employees, there is a lot to learn on the job, let's wAit and see how she goes.
Let's not allow another bullshit political appointment completely unrelated to the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nate7

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Brewers
So he got drunk at a pub, was asked to leave and he left.

I don’t even know why that’s a story. Isn’t he on leave?
Agreed.
Any other person and it'd be OK.

If HB was being a public nuisance then yeah fair enough, but otherwise it's not news at all.

gokangas

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
Just news because of his priors I suppose. Getting drunk to the extent you are ejected from a pub is not a good demonstration of self discipline if you are trying to rebuild your image. Will all end in tears eventually. Sad coz the kid can play.

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hawthorn club statement saying he's out for the year.

People saying he was rolling around in pain, trainers had to hold the leg, he was on the green whistle, and the ambos had to take him off the field.

Pre-season injuries are so ******* sapping. To the brownlow winner though? Who is a running machine in his prime?

This off season sucks.

Top Bottom