Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey Stat

Rookie
Jan 4, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Point COMPLETELY missed.

All I see is someone with ZERO relationship to football.

Another GENDER QUOTA bullshit POLITICAL appointment.
Not really sure I follow, are you saying depression and mental health is not a concern for the AFL or professional athletes in general? That would wrong, 20 percent of athletes** express depression like symptoms. Other posters here have noted that mental health is a primary concern for players and the AFL is keen to tackle the issue***.
So, I gotta be honest, I am struggling to see how bringing a highly qualified person with a wealth of experience in these issues can be deemed some sort of political exercise. Are you suggesting she isn't qualified to assist or lead mental health programs for the afl?

*Think I quoted this time
**https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_in_the_Australian_Football_League
***On my phone, finding s**t is a pain in the ass

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not really sure I follow, are you saying depression and mental health is not a concern for the AFL or professional athletes in general?

Not to the extent that it requires a non football appointment to the AFL commission.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So a football background means.... Ex player, coach, administrator, stats, member or supporterM? Maybe growing up watching or kicking around the park?
What constitutes a footy background?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So a football background means.... Ex player, coach, administrator, stats, member or supporterM? Maybe growing up watching or kicking around the park?
What constitutes a footy background?

Someone with significant real life experience in AFL or high level football.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone with significant real life experience in AFL or high level football.
AFL player, coach, manager or Admin. Maybe bringing things from outside of footy is good business sense. Whether she is a woman or man makes no difference, if the person has some knowledge of footy, admin, people management, financial management and the range of other skills to take part in the running of a major industry, their qualified. Like all new employees, there is a lot to learn on the job, let's wAit and see how she goes.

Find a good saty well away from it all and eat popcorn while you watch it all collapse.
I saw a map from Nostradamus once and I think if you go to the G and watch it from there, you should be safe :)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After another "incident" in a bar last night Harley Bennell could be in a bit of strife if Bell is true to his last chance word.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
AFL player, coach, manager or Admin. Maybe bringing things from outside of footy is good business sense. Whether she is a woman or man makes no difference, if the person has some knowledge of footy, admin, people management, financial management and the range of other skills to take part in the running of a major industry, their qualified. Like all new employees, there is a lot to learn on the job, let's wAit and see how she goes.

Let's not allow another bullshit political appointment completely unrelated to the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just news because of his priors I suppose. Getting drunk to the extent you are ejected from a pub is not a good demonstration of self discipline if you are trying to rebuild your image. Will all end in tears eventually. Sad coz the kid can play.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1546589857291.png

BREAKING: Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg. More soon @AFLcomau

Poor bastard. Incredible highs of last year to incredible low this year.

I don't think it'll take too much away from him as a player though, after it heals.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hawthorn club statement saying he's out for the year.

People saying he was rolling around in pain, trainers had to hold the leg, he was on the green whistle, and the ambos had to take him off the field.

Pre-season injuries are so ******* sapping. To the brownlow winner though? Who is a running machine in his prime?

This off season sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back