Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
received_353428068578511.jpeg

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like one of those breaks where he gets pulled down from behind in a tackle, the leg gets caught under the tackler coming through, twist and snap. Probs just above the ankle and if so, could be some ligament and joint damage there too.

I'll call it now. He will never reach his 2018 heights again. He probably won't return until he's 27.

It sounded a lot like Nathan Brown’s break when he was playing for Western. Came back, moved to the Tiggers, but never regained that explosiveness. s**t luck for the bloke.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll call it now. He will never reach his 2018 heights again. He probably won't return until he's 27.

He has a shitload of weapons as a player, but they're all held together by his gut running and occasional explosiveness when extracting. He is in his prime right now and without this would have been expected to stay there for several years. He absolutely won't get back to this form ever again if the injury is as bad as people think. Even if they were two clean breaks he is pretty ****ed, it will take far too long to regain strength in the leg let alone match fitness. Really feel for the bloke, Hawthorn not so much though.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You seem to get outraged by a lot things. Seems to be working.

I'm outraged by criticising ridiculous outrage?

You may as well never have an opinion about anything if that's how you rationalise the world.

I'm outraged by criticising ridiculous outrage?

You may as well never have an opinion about anything if that's how you rationalise the world.

I don’t know you, but judging by your posting on here, there are a lot of issues you aggressively push against and post incessantly about - in lots of different threads - sometimes when the issue you are outraged about has no bearing on the thread title.

Also, having an opinion does not necessarily infer outrage.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
A heap of McSuns recruits milling around docklands this morning in their club kit. Strangely Bailey Smith in his dogs gear was with them.

Not sure about Smith but can only assume the Gold Coast kids have already had enough and are camping out early for trade week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back