Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't mind the marvel idea. The bulldogs one looks awful but it's for the kids. I don't mind when the NRL do it. I'd buy a North version too.

When 'Under Armour' have done the alter ego range I've bought some of their polyester shirts (good for the gym and running). I have batman, spiderman, the punisher, and superman.

Stuff all of you.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't mind the marvel idea. The bulldogs one looks awful but it's for the kids. I don't mind when the NRL do it. I'd buy a North version too.

When 'Under Armour' have done the alter ego range I've bought some of their polyester shirts (good for the gym and running). I have batman, spiderman, the punisher, and superman.

Stuff all of you.
That sucks dude.

A member of my extended family works for Disney and has a bit to do with this (albeit small). He was a bit pissed off that the original plan for all the teams to wear it was leaked, apparently someone from AFL leaked it and were sacked. He’s a total company man, so we butted heads a bit over this.
Me” The clubs jumpers are sacred, the fans won’t put up with it”
Him “Yeah well the Marvel team have invested a lot of money into the afl...what’s the big deal, the NRL did it”
Me “We’re not the NRL. I’d be disgusted if North sold our jumper”

Feel like western have let ME down too. Now he’s going to give me a ribbing next time. Don’t even think about it North
Honestly if in our 150th year we don't wear our traditional strip(which we're not) and yet trot out some foul looking superhero wannabe costume I will be livid.

There is 4/5ths of FA that's innovative about the bullflogs prostituting their heritage.

There was more innovation it the Geelong TShirt style jumper than having a corporation pay for you to play in a design.

Infact I cannot think of a corporate jumper that looked good. The orange abortion we wore, the blue m&m s**t Carlton wore, this nightmare. They'll all s**t.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wonder if these marketing bozos have ever done any research beyond whether these sorts of initiatives lead to exposure in the broader media. Would love to see some actual research on:

1. Disenfranchisement of existing supporters.
2. Increase in support for a club that is directly related to the marketing initiative.

It seems to me that all these things do is piss off traditionalists and I find it very hard to believe that any non or semi AFL supporter that likes Marvel will become more of an AFL supporter off the back of this.

The family club is putting their hand out for $50 million for the Government and AFL to tip (intentional wording) into their planned $130 million Dingley facility.

You'd think that after ripping more than $20 million per year out of the community through pokies they would at least stump up the whole amount.

I hope the government and AFL tell them to GAGF in no uncertain terms.

One suave *

Last edited:
There is 4/5ths of FA that's innovative about the bullflogs prostituting their heritage.

There was more innovation it the Geelong TShirt style jumper than having a corporation pay for you to play in a design.

Infact I cannot think of a corporate jumper that looked good. The orange abortion we wore, the blue m&m s**t Carlton wore, this nightmare. They'll all s**t.
If you ask me, we missed a massive opportunity last year. We should have had Aquaman outfits on in round 1.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
At some point society will have it's "Emperor's New Clothes" awakening. And these and the other charlatans will be sacrificed to the gods.
First of all, I doubt the capacity of our society to have any sort of awakening.

Secondly, that's some impressive metaphor-mixing there.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Wonder if these marketing bozos have ever done any research beyond whether these sorts of initiatives lead to exposure in the broader media. Would love to see some actual research on:

1. Disenfranchisement of existing supporters.
2. Increase in support for a club that is directly related to the marketing initiative.

It seems to me that all these things do is piss off traditionalists and I find it very hard to believe that any non or semi AFL supporter that likes Marvel will become more of an AFL supporter off the back of this.

They think in terms of "product" and that's it.

Sam McClure was waffling on last night about what all the fuss was about, but that vacuous twerps support shouldn't surprise anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back