Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Preuss run the game out?

Gets his chance, takes it. Indictment on Brads safe selection policy. Preuss is exactly what we need right now.

Did Preuss run the game out?

Gets his chance, takes it. Indictment on Brads safe selection policy. Preuss is exactly what we need right now.

Not really, he had 1 effective disposal after quarter time. Did a nice tap out in the last that lead to Brayshaw as goal.

Preuss v Tyson? Yeah I know which one would add more to our side.

Probably moot, as we didn't play him and as a result he wanted out. But when I'm watching us play Campbell up forward in the last couple of games it does make you wonder..

Turned the game on to see Gawn absolutely belt the ball to the outside for a fairly easy Melbourne ball get.
Trying to recall the last time Goldy did something like that. So used to seeing him tap it at his feet.
Goldy show any sort of aggression...nah. He got outworked in a marking contest by Steven Motlop. Once you see that you understand what Goldy is made of. Imagine getting king hit by Lewis from behind and never using all 100kg/200cm of your frame to get him back. :drunk:

1555016191385.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss started well and then seemed to injure his shoulder. Nt sure how much that affected him after quarter time. Nice start for the big boy.

It just seemed to me he was the same as every other game he played for us. Good till he ran out of puff then mostly invisible.

So basically like all our big blokes except he imposed himself for a half and kicked 2 goals.

He imposed himself for a quarter at most. Its what he did playing for us. Less even than when he started a couple of years ago. Doesn't seem to have developed or gained any endurance but after one game back maybe that's a bit harsh.

Was quietly cheering Preussy on and the commentators are setting him up for cult figure status. Was good in the first, although did little as a tall forward. Just his presence was the standout. After that Allir ran rings around him and could see the mids stopped looking for him as a target by the second quarter. Sadly, he is going to find himself in the same position as North. Bemused as to why he went to a team with a standout solo ruck like Goldy.

Was quietly cheering Preussy on and the commentators are setting him up for cult figure status. Was good in the first, although did little as a tall forward. Just his presence was the standout. After that Allir ran rings around him and could see the mids stopped looking for him as a target by the second quarter. Sadly, he is going to find himself in the same position as North. Bemused as to why he went to a team with a standout solo ruck like Goldy.

At least he gets to hear a different voice.

I'd rather have seen him play well and become a gun for us but for all our criticism of the coach and club I doubt they'd not play him if they thought he was up to it. He started well but never really imposed himself at AFL level again in 2017.

Weren't Preuss and Clarke on the googs mid season posting s**t to social media.

Surely this is not the way into the clubs good graces

Good luck to the guy but 1 quarter hasn't turned the bloke into Gary Dempsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back