Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually felt sorry for Carlton, all the breaks went against them in the last 2 or 3 minutes.

But Dow, oh dear.
Felt sorry? WTF? Carlton is right up there in terms of teams I hate. This was icing on the cake of a nice weekend.

Carlton brought it upon themselves by playing Michael Gibbons as a key forward and then kicking it to him at every opportunity

Why not use any of the actual key forwards in your team in that role

Curnow has gone backwards

I actually felt sorry for Carlton, all the breaks went against them in the last 2 or 3 minutes.

But Dow, oh dear.

The Carlton Football Club is officially broken when they start attracting sympathy.

FWIW I have none. The sound of every dagger going in is music to my ears.

Just joining in the laughing at Carlton, they are equal for the longest GF drought with another club who I cannot recall? And I'm loving pointing and gesticulating at them from our lofty-ladder position of 17th.

Never change North BF, never change :)
Dumb post. Doesn't matter who you support, you can always s**t on organisations you don't respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just joining in the laughing at Carlton, they are equal for the longest GF drought with another club who I cannot recall? And I'm loving pointing and gesticulating at them from our lofty-ladder position of 17th.

Never change North BF, never change :)

It used to be premiership droughts. Now it’s GF droughts? When did that become in vogue? When the GF became the “Big Dance”?

I'm like most football supporters and pre-disposed to disliking Carlton, but I don't think they're too far away from being very good. Hope I'm wrong.

Yep, it's going to happen one day. Until it does though, I'm happy to dig in the boots.

I'm like most football supporters and pre-disposed to disliking Carlton, but I don't think they're too far away from being very good. Hope I'm wrong.[/QUOT

If they keep collecting number 1 draft picks like they do, you’d expect they would eventually. That is if number 1 draft picks are the golden ticket to guaranteed success.

i didnt watch the game. can someone describe what dow did?

He's kinda similar to Atley at the same stage of their careers. They have a burst of acceleration that can make them look really good with clearances from packs... BUT they have flawed kicking styles which basically sees the ball come off their toes. The ball can literally go anywhere. I'm unsure Ats has necessarily fixed the flaw, rather than become experienced to work around it.

There was also a passage of play towards the end (with the Blues leading) where Dow turned inboard to not much when he had a couple of teammates correctly on the outside on the boundary side. He didn't play the percentages & turned the ball over.

The point is, you funny peeps are currently poking s**t at the bums across the road from your very own cardboard box FFS and it's a really piss poor look. You seem to have been Brad-washed into think we've done something of note the last ten odd ******* years.

In the scheme of things, losing a GF is no more prestigious than losing a Prelim. Unless I’ve missed them I don’t see too many losing GF reunions.
I agree with you. The only thing about making a GF is that you get an extra week of excitement and hope and dreams of glory.
After that it's all gone. As a supporter losing a GF feels 1000 times worse than losing a PF.
My previous post was just an ironic joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back