Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he wont get the money, but surely it has to stay on the cap.. otherwise you can blow someone out of the water with large multi year deals knowing you don't have to honor it. Or is that only a rule for free agent contracts?

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know he wont get the money, but surely it has to stay on the cap.. otherwise you can blow someone out of the water with large multi year deals knowing you don't have to honor it. Or is that only a rule for free agent contracts?

That's how it should be. Boyd forfeited the money but the cap hit should still apply.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

They traded for him, so I don’t see the issue.

If he was a restricted FA like Buddy was then every cent should remain in the cap as his original club has the opportunity to match it. Which is supposedly what will happen if Bud pulls the pin.
However, Daisy was a restricted FA and was allowed to renegotiate the last year of his deal.

Heard one media report suggest it won't stay in the cap next two years. Only heard part of the report but I think that is what they said. Don't see how.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tom never quite lived up to his pre-draft hype, but the young fella should take a lot of pride in what he achieved during that infamous finals series, especially the grand final where he was stiff not to win a norm smith.

As a kid it’s what most of us had a dream of doing and he got to live that!

Hope he finds a better head space in the next chapter of his life.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hope he finds a better head space in the next chapter of his life.

He could simply be retiring because he's intelligent and doesn't need all the bullshit any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back