Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Called it.

And those last 2 goals illustrate why Melbourne is a gutless team and will never win a premiership with their mob.

They have all the tools to make it, but ultimately can't. Their psyches and finer skills are off the mark.

there was a contest when they were only two goals down prior to that ******* horrible effort that resulted in the soccer goal.

kennedy s**t kick across ground to a 2 v 1 contest in melbournes favour. petracca and viney vs redden.

Redden had a crack and slapped the ball to advantage, whilst the two demons efforts were marginal. Summed up their leaders in pure will.

They dont have it

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The umpires changed the course of that game! It happens alot over here. Below is the free kick differential from 2003...
Screenshot_20190514-163832_WhatsApp.jpg

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The umpires changed the course of that game! It happens alot over here. Below is the free kick differential from 2003... View attachment 675827
And Margetts has umpired in how many of those WC games?

Looks like North are pretty well looked after from that table as well, but in our case, mainly junk-time square-ups I reckon ;)

The Western did OK in 2016 didn't they?

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
was going to comment on similar, reckon the game last night looked more rugby than what we know as footy. Game isn't in great shape imo.

The umpiring has dramatically changed in the last 3 weeks.They're have gone back to 2016/17 where you didn't need to handball, just throw it and when tackled you could just drop the ball at your feet and scrum it forward.

The umpiring has dramatically changed in the last 3 weeks.They're have gone back to 2016/17 where you didn't need to handball, just throw it and when tackled you could just drop the ball at your feet and scrum it forward.
Two great rule interpretations that should be brought back are any hand ball where both hands are over your head throwing it backwards is a throw, and any time you’re spun around 360 degrees and haven’t released it yet it’s holding the ball.

Loosening up on rules has slowly ruined the game. I blame the Crows for wrecking handball and Chris Judd for spinning around twice in a tackle before releasing it.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two great rule interpretations that should be brought back are any hand ball where both hands are over your head throwing it backwards is a throw, and any time you’re spun around 360 degrees and haven’t released it yet it’s holding the ball.

Loosening up on rules has slowly ruined the game. I blame the Crows for wrecking handball and Chris Judd for spinning around twice in a tackle before releasing it.
To be fair, he is an ornament to the game so free kicks against him should have never been paid.

I blame Bulldogs for the "drop the pill to your feet for a team mate to pick up when being tackled" strategy which has now been widely adopted and perfected by All in Sunbury.

lynden18

Debutant
Dec 11, 2008
narre warren
AFL Club
North Melbourne
White shorts rule looks like it gone cat vs dogs,north might go back too white with blue stripes and blue shorts,although I don’t mind the current jumper 👍

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought Glassjaw Rohan was reported as concussed, thus Durdin's impact rated medium and therefore 1 week suspension, I just switched on the Geelong game and he has kicked 3 goals by half time, something stinks there.

Aren't you supposed to get the mandatory week off Mutt's ?

Gee, hope he doesn't collapse after the game and get rushed to hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back