Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond are so bad, that their shitness has infected Hawthorn.

Their, soo bad, they've dragged Hawthorns skills down to the point that the Hawks cant even flog them. Waw...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Talking about the rushed behind rule in the hawks vs. Richmond.

I think it's riewoldt who said it.

"That's the beauty of our game every rule has some grey in it so the umpires have a big job to do"

Yes...that's the beauty of our game. Pretty sure you want black and white, not more grey in the rules.

He's angling for some extra free kicks next week against us.

Talking about the rushed behind rule in the hawks vs. Richmond.

I think it's riewoldt who said it.

"That's the beauty of our game every rule has some grey in it so the umpires have a big job to do"

Yes...that's the beauty of our game. Pretty sure you want black and white, not more grey in the rules.

He's angling for some extra free kicks next week against us.

The grey area favours forwards, sure he would love it as a defender.

Morphine is kept under locking and key in hospitals and doctors even then don't have Willy nilly access. There is also allergic reactions, patients known or unknown history which also needs to be taken into account. These factors are all relevant and unless someone is literally at risk of dying then they will err on the side of caution. Morphine is still the most potent drug I think so it's a very controlled substance. You don't risk sending someone into anaphylactic shock over a broken leg as harsh as that's may sound, but it's for very good reasons really.

That would be my uninformed take on it anyway.

Cheers, G. And we both know your opinion on this is far from uninformed. :thumbsu:

Just on this, there's one thing that I'm confused about, but I have zero medical training so I suspect it's just ignorance. It was clear from the moment Wallis was injured that he was in serious pain. As he basically snapped his leg just above the ankle, the pain would be excruciating. We hear how he was literally screaming in the rooms in pain while waiting for the ambulance after the game had finished (which, understandably, had a significant impact on all staff and players in the rooms), so he was still lying there for half an hour or more after it happened.

Anyway, my question is (and I was thinking it whilst he was still on the ground and they were stabilising the foot): why didn't they administer morphine or some other powerful pain-killer? Would it have had an adverse impact on his recovery? Did they simply not have a strong enough pain-killer? Or some other reason? Looking for those with some knowledge to enlighten me.

Being medical my take is; Morphine and more powerful drugs ( fentanyl etc. ) need to be given intravenously to be " effective " as immediate pain relievers. Morphine can be given intramusculary, but then needs 15-20 minutes to be truly effective. Fentanyl etc. rarely given that way.
Can't see the doc's putting in an i.v. on the ground so best option get him off a.s.a.p and do it efficiently off the ground.
The Penthrane inhaler is effective if used correctly.

GWS aren't doing us any favours.
I'm hoping Port roll them and we control our own fate to finish as high up the ladder as possible. At the very least a home final in wk 1 of the finals.

The more pressure on us to win the better preparation it is for us for finals.

If we are good enough we will make it. Simples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this, there's one thing that I'm confused about, but I have zero medical training so I suspect it's just ignorance. It was clear from the moment Wallis was injured that he was in serious pain. As he basically snapped his leg just above the ankle, the pain would be excruciating. We hear how he was literally screaming in the rooms in pain while waiting for the ambulance after the game had finished (which, understandably, had a significant impact on all staff and players in the rooms), so he was still lying there for half an hour or more after it happened.

Anyway, my question is (and I was thinking it whilst he was still on the ground and they were stabilising the foot): why didn't they administer morphine or some other powerful pain-killer? Would it have had an adverse impact on his recovery? Did they simply not have a strong enough pain-killer? Or some other reason? Looking for those with some knowledge to enlighten me.

Fentanyl a synthetic drug. It would be safe to say Doctors would have that drug available at a sporting event. It takes about five minutes to work.

Fentanyl a synthetic drug. It would be safe to say Doctors would have that drug available at a sporting event. It takes about five minutes to work.

Didn't know of the drug at all.

So, is it likely that it wasn't administered because its effect can be dangerous, like morphine? And therefore, as harsh as it sounds, they elected to leave him there in pain as the better medical decision?

Didn't know of the drug at all.

So, is it likely that it wasn't administered because its effect can be dangerous, like morphine? And therefore, as harsh as it sounds, they elected to leave him there in pain as the better medical decision?

Yeah administering a drug like with such an audience may have played a part, im not sure if there's any due dillegence to be completed before giving someone a hit. I do know its very addictive and we've had issues with paramedics replacing fentonel with water.

Sorry can't be of much more help.

51e71ceb37630e10665538b86a3af1f5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back