Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, my question is (and I was thinking it whilst he was still on the ground and they were stabilising the foot): why didn't they administer morphine or some other powerful pain-killer? Would it have had an adverse impact on his recovery? Did they simply not have a strong enough pain-killer? Or some other reason? Looking for those with some knowledge to enlighten me.
I'm not sure why that would be the case but decades ago I had my arm badly broken in a work accident, radius and ulna (forearm bones) both broken and my arm at about a 45 degree angle. Boss drove me to the hospital but I had to wait for X Ray and diagnosis post X Ray before they would administer any pain relief. Then they shot me full of enough morphine to knock out a horse.

To this day I don't know why I couldn't have pain relief until I was X rayed. Was pretty obvious what was wrong with me!

My missus suffered a pretty serious ankle dislocation and break of both bones earlier in the year when we were in the grampians. Took an hour and a half for paramedics to get there after someone used a satellite phone!

Anyway, by the time they arrived you'd have think they would have nailed the green whistle straight up. But alas the paramedic said that Victorian paramedics were moving away from the whistle as it has been found to be carcinogenic. So they dicked around for another 15-20 mins trying to find a vein to feed her intravenously. Poor bird

My missus suffered a pretty serious ankle dislocation and break of both bones earlier in the year when we were in the grampians. Took an hour and a half for paramedics to get there after someone used a satellite phone!

Anyway, by the time they arrived you'd have think they would have nailed the green whistle straight up. But alas the paramedic said that Victorian paramedics were moving away from the whistle as it has been found to be carcinogenic. So they dicked around for another 15-20 mins trying to find a vein to feed her intravenously. Poor bird

Bloody hell, how's she moving around on the feet these days?

Back in 1983 I broke both wrists, one elbow and one shoulder in a freak footy accident. As I lay there semi concussed and yet to realise one of my arms went off at an angle it shouldn't and the same side's hand facing palm up when it should've faced down, there were no tears from my teammates. Just a "Oooooooooooh f***, have a look at his arm!" Followed by the nearest bloke who'd bent down to help me up before realising I resembled a pretzel having a giant hurl in reaction. Nobody helped me up as they had no idea what to grab. Bastards!

Interesting how Luke Darcy has come out and stated that Tom Boyd should take a pay cut at the Dogs to allow them to throw money at free agents and help keep the list together.

So, a club legend with very strong ties to the club publicly calling out a young player to take a pay cut after the club were desperate to lure him away from GWS and threw millions at him to get him there.

If this is a reflection of the internal view at the club then the Dogs is a very apt name. Any public pressure placed on this kid for their own list management decisions would be highly unethical. Dogs management should be calling Darcy in for a chat about this. I know he is as think as two short planks but he needs to keep his mouth shut on this one and the club should get on the front foot to deny that this is their position.

Interesting how Luke Darcy has come out and stated that Tom Boyd should take a pay cut at the Dogs to allow them to throw money at free agents and help keep the list together.

So, a club legend with very strong ties to the club publicly calling out a young player to take a pay cut after the club were desperate to lure him away from GWS and threw millions at him to get him there.

If this is a reflection of the internal view at the club then the Dogs is a very apt name. Any public pressure placed on this kid for their own list management decisions would be highly unethical. Dogs management should be calling Darcy in for a chat about this. I know he is as think as two short planks but he needs to keep his mouth shut on this one and the club should get on the front foot to deny that this is their position.

Nah, let them self-implode!

Luke Darcy is a flog in general, pretty funny though, telling a kid to take a pay cut, he should just retire, get paid out then get redrafted.

Dogs are really providing the lolz this year. where is that Bont thread, its a classic.

While he's feeling so generous towards his old club, maybe Darce should give them a refund for all those years he clogged their list as a talented but totally gutless player.

The fact that Western fete this guy as a past "champion" of their club is so symptomatic of their culture of shitness and under achievement.

While he's feeling so generous towards his old club, maybe Darce should give them a refund for all those years he clogged their list as a talented but totally gutless player.

The fact that Western fete this guy as a past "champion" of their club is so symptomatic of their culture of shitness and under achievement.
Well said Sir!:thumbsu:

Because I'm sure Western are throwing more money at Caleb Daniel over and above his contract this year, due to him playing out of his skin.

Darcy is the world's largest toilet brush.

So Western trade hard for a kid with potential who plays in a Key Position. Give up their Captain and pay him a s**t load of money to prize him away thinking that he is some sort of Carey incarnate. Kid fails to deliver a whole lot because let's face it, he's a kid and KPP take time. Now Western what to chase spme other players but have a whole load of cash tied up in a kid who seems to still need to learn his craft through the VFL and to facilitate this they ask the Kid they threw money at to throw some of it back.

Firstly if cap space is gonna be an issue don't overspend on something that is a long term risk reward type prospect. Secondly are gonna do that and you're giving a kid s**t loads of money to get him to your club don't then ask for it back when something else shiny comes along.

People have criticised or list management but that is idiotic and deplorable. You signed Tom Boyd's contracts too, were happy to pay him big money for a long time, now suck it up and hold up your end of the bargain.

If this is how they act I have no idea why any kid would want to go there. Come for the big money stay for the pay cuts we will ask you to take.

If a club wants to throw $xx at a player to entice him away from his club, then they should wear it if that players fails to live up to expectations.

They've probably knocked other teams out of the race because the crap state of their list at the time allowed them ample cap space. Now they have a few handy players they want Boyd to take less money so they can go recruiting? * that. I couldn't give a s**t what they pay him, but the cap hit should stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of us laughed at their Boyd acquisition as it reeked of pure desperation. A complete Hail Mary.

Their best possible outcome was that Boyd would be a star from day one, but any objective assessment would have concluded the likelihood of that happening was very low. Yet they were paying him as if it was 100% likely. Morons.

We've now arrived at the scenario that was always a high likelihood of occurring - he hasn't yet developed into the player they're paying for. Not his fault, morons.

I hope the Dogs don't come out and say Pea-heart Pea-Brain Darcy is wrong. If they stay silent on the matter, then it can only be interpreted as tacit support for the view that Boyd should take a pay cut. If they actually do try to renegotiate his pay level, (1) they are complete scum, and (2) he should tell them to GAGF - they offered him the contract, he signed it in good faith and is trying his best to perform.

Seriously, Bob Murphy on 360.

The playing group got together on Sunday, there were tears and hugs.

Gerard talking about the confluence of events which has never been seen before.

Remind me again who died?

AFL should call the season off.

For * sake I can't watch these type of players in the media. Him, Goddard, Jack riewoldt just total boring, embarrassing flogs

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is off topic and in bad taste but my dad is a medical man and may have got his hands on these green whistles, while his head was turned me and my brother may have nicked them and given them a good crack. Have had one since when I broke my leg but that one when no pain and sober was just..... Woah (keanu reeves)

On
For **** sake I can't watch these type of players in the media. Him, Goddard, Jack riewoldt just total boring, embarrassing flogs

That's why the interview with jacko last night was so good, lucky it's not north grandstanding like dogs pressuring a player to take a pay cut we would be kicked from pillar to post.

I dont ever want the puppies to fold, provide way too much fun.

Yeah the ******* hawks are winning flags which sucks, but Essendon cant even beat Brisbane, so not all is lost.
infact is the big 4 all celler dwelling in the bottom 8?

On

That's why the interview with jacko last night was so good, lucky it's not north grandstanding like dogs pressuring a player to take a pay cut we would be kicked from pillar to post.
I guess it's that desperate there at Western, that they are in a hole they can't get out off.
I guess handing them Ballarat is a way of handing them dollars to pay their debt and their salary cap catastrophe.

I don't get it. It was the same when Murphy did his ACL. The love fest with the dogs is pathetic!! I think I'd rather everyone hate us, like they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back