Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what it has come to

View attachment 692716
P4hrCmD.gif

Just stepped inside and saw 10 seconds of the tarpie game when Hogan has a shot at goal. Goal ump takes a tumble after being bumped by a tarpie player so the ball is unsighted as it passes through for a goal. She is totally clueless, but instead of admitting she didn't see the ball go through, she makes a call of "touched". Fair enough, it was reviewed and corrected to be a goal, but it can't be acceptable for a goal ump to simply guess or pluck a decision out of her arse. Just say "unsighted" and request a video review.

Just stepped inside and saw 10 seconds of the tarpie game when Hogan has a shot at goal. Goal ump takes a tumble after being bumped by a tarpie player so the ball is unsighted as it passes through for a goal. She is totally clueless, but instead of admitting she didn't see the ball go through, she makes a call of "touched". Fair enough, it was reviewed and corrected to be a goal, but it can't be acceptable for a goal ump to simply guess or pluck a decision out of her arse. Just say "unsighted" and request a video review.

I do feel for her because they are forced to make an 'umpires call' before the review, in case there is no vision or if it is inconclusive. I could see both she and the field ump weren't happy they had to do it since it was obvious she hadn't seen anything after Ryder knocked her over

I do feel for her because they are forced to make an 'umpires call' before the review, in case there is no vision or if it is inconclusive. I could see both she and the field ump weren't happy they had to do it since it was obvious she hadn't seen anything after Ryder knocked her over
You are right that they have to make an "umpires call" as you say, but in that case, she is still wrong to have concocted a call based on something she didn't see. The only call she could make in this case was "goal" as she saw nothing to contradict that although even that would be a made up call.

You are right that they have to make an "umpires call" as you say, but in that case, she is still wrong to have concocted a call based on something she didn't see. The only call she could make in this case was "goal" as she saw nothing to contradict that although even that would be a made up call.

Surely in that situation if they must make a call and the goal umpire is unsighted the field umpire could make the 'umpires call'? Couldn't be any worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back