Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, Martin talked about at least three of the following topics:
  • Cyril Rioli
  • The fact that his son-in-law is indigenous
  • Western Bulldogs/Bob Murphy
  • His father worked on the Burma Railway
  • Humorous anecdote about obscure teammate from his playing days at Tas Uni FC
None of the above. Short talk about Tom Wills, Victoria around the time footy started, and how those times made it a unique sport followed by unique crowds. That was good, one on one chat time was even better. Big fan of his books and articles and I enjoyed meeting him and his wife today, as part of a very pleasant day at amateur football.

Lycett gave Rhys Stanley a hiding tonight, Paddy Ryder certainly not missed too much, handbaggers are pretty soft really.
I've seen nothing this year to convince me that they'll achieve anything other than their now customary straight sets finals exit.

Geelong are now 0-8 after a bye. Where have I seen that before...

They're also overrated.

Remember, we went very close to beating them when we were still playing under that ridiculous game plan.

Port's victory over Geelong this weekend is more proof that senior players - best & fairests even - are allowed to be dropped... There may even be an extra victory or 2 as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Hunter is the worst ducker in the game at the minute.
I reckon I saw a random 10 minutes of that game, and in that time, probably a half dozen throws or "drops to the advantage of a team mate" by western.

Hunter wet down in a push when I was watching. Even before he hit the ground he was making big doeful eyes at the umpire in expectation of a free. The only other blokes who can do that are dangerfield and the selwoods. They can spot out an ump after taking a dive like they have heat seeking missile detection systems in their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back