Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of you image skilled folks mock this up with some Brisbane heads?

I think it's going to get a fair work out for the next few months.

ferball?

I don't have any of those skills.

The only reason I made those gifs of Cunners punching Vince and LT sitting on Saad's shoulders for a week is cos there is a program you can download for free that captures video from the screen and makes small gifs. I dunno if I've even still got it.

You'll need people who actually know what they are doing.

Crows are a mystery of life. So many quality players including matchwinners over the last few years plus a conveyor-belt of key defenders yet doughnuts to show for it.

Unfortunately for their supporters, they are trapped in an endless cycle of home town bullshit.

It's at the point now where playing Gold Coast in the 2nd half of the season is legitimately influencing other results through %

Rd 1 to 11 they had two 10+ goal losses with an average losing margin of 36, but won 3 games and had 2 games where they lost by 1 point
Rd 12 to 23 they had six 10+ goal losses didn't win a single game and had an average losing margin of 54 ******* points with only 2 games lost by under 4 goals

The gap last season wasn't as large (51 points in 1st half, 54 points in 2nd half) but again they won 3 games in the 1st half of the season, while only winning 1 in the 2nd half. Besides, just those average losing margins in general should be cause for concern.

Gold coast also conceded the most points this season out of any team by a LONG way - a massive 237 more than the rabble that is the GoDees - while also managing to score 218 points less than the next worst team (GoDees again)

In conclusion, just fold this pathetic franchise please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's at the point now where playing Gold Coast in the 2nd half of the season is legitimately influencing other results through %

Rd 1 to 11 they had two 10+ goal losses with an average losing margin of 36, but won 3 games and had 2 games where they lost by 1 point
Rd 12 to 23 they had six 10+ goal losses didn't win a single game and had an average losing margin of 54 ******* points with only 2 games lost by under 4 goals

The gap last season wasn't as large (51 points in 1st half, 54 points in 2nd half) but again they won 3 games in the 1st half of the season, while only winning 1 in the 2nd half. Besides, just those average losing margins in general should be cause for concern.

Gold coast also conceded the most points this season out of any team by a LONG way - a massive 237 more than the rabble that is the GoDees - while also managing to score 218 points less than the next worst team (GoDees again)

In conclusion, just fold this pathetic franchise please.

Was weird watching a Gold Coast team getting a referee gobbie in the Storm game too.

Agree with your conclusion - would just expand it to all codes.

People move to that region for lifestyle. Not to engage in tribal football support.

Close these clubs and learn the lessons.

Was weird watching a Gold Coast team getting a referee gobbie in the Storm game too.

Agree with your conclusion - would just expand it to all codes.

People move to that region for lifestyle. Not to engage in tribal football support.

Close these clubs and learn the lessons.
It was painfully obvious at the time of the Suns creation, but some idiots chose to ignore all the facts that were in front of them.
That included the Bears woeful Carrara past experience, the Basketball and soccer doomed franchises and the Rugby League wasn't exactly flying, despite clearly being the preferred code up there. What on Earth made the AFL confident they could make AFL footy work up there is unclear.

What is clear now however, that it will NOT work no matter how much money is poured into it. AFL should just admit defeat and either fold them, or move them to Tassie or Canberra.

I was pessimistic about GWS ever working out either, but now I actually reckon they are half a chance.

On-field yes, thanks to exploiting some extremely favourable recruiting access.

Off-field they're as propped up as GC or any other AFL lovechild.
I actually know some families that regularly attend their games in Sydney. You never know, west of Sydney may not be AFL heartland, but it is full of families who are ready and willing to support a club in any sport. From that you can at least build something.

Crows are a mystery of life. So many quality players including matchwinners over the last few years plus a conveyor-belt of key defenders yet doughnuts to show for it.
Unlike some other sides, the Crows don't seem like a side that's going to hurt us for speed around stoppages, off half back or forward with Cameron gone. Haven't looked at it closely but they seem one paced?

On-field yes, thanks to exploiting some extremely favourable recruiting access.

Off-field they're as propped up as GC or any other AFL lovechild.

Greater Western Sydney is huge and not everyone in it loves rugby league. There are 2 million people in the Greater Western Sydney area. If the Giants win one flag there will be a generation of kids that stick with the sport. Win more than one and it will generate some real momentum and the Giants will become something more than an ignored plastic franchise. With that in mind the AFL needs to get GWS a better coach before Josh Kelly comes to us. ( :drunk: )

What is the point of Jeanine being there? Nobody will give her a million. Is it purely for marketing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back