Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just had a look at the video and unless there’s others, I’ve seen my daughters fight worse over who gets to sit in front of the heater.

Not saying it’s ok. Just that the coverage is over the top.

I haven't seen it, but that's the media for you. I think the coverage of the extra security is over the top too, hysterical even.

I haven't seen it, but that's the media for you. I think the coverage of the extra security is over the top too, hysterical even.

Absolutely agree with that. It’s been a pile on. It’s weird because it’s coming from the same people who usually bemoan that. It’s like whenever a story flares up these days people decide which side they’re on and scream their opinion.

Pinchy Stratton is Hawks Captain?

That's Hilarious
It's pretty much an admission that none of their kids are up to it and their other veterans are too selfish for the role:
  • Mitchell - kick chasing chip scab
  • Burgoyne - going through the motions and clearly looking to hang around long enough to clock up 400 games
  • Smith - will be chasing the big free agency superannuation top up bucks at the end of the year
  • McEvoy - past it and too busy getting himself up for North games when he duly hands Goldy his ar*e

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hidden behind a paywall, but the headline tells you what's going on.

The putrid umpiring created this tension..............yet if you call them a flog.................

This is what you get when you put non football, corporate, polo playing, private school boys in charge of the game. The people just end up getting more & more alienated as the game is removed further away from them.

The Herald - Sun are one of the major facilitators of the gentrification of football and now they're playing the role of rational libertarians?

Yeah, right.

The Herald - Sun are one of the major facilitators of the gentrification of football and now they're playing the role of rational libertarians?

Yeah, right.
They don’t give a @#$*
If it bleeds, it reads. Any controversy will do

Why did Boomer cop such a hard time when that f’wit Crowley pinched him repeatedly.

Btw pinching is something my 5 year old daughter does and I tell her not to do.

Why did Boomer cop such a hard time when that f’wit Crowley pinched him repeatedly.

If the AFL was actually run by football people, then punching a proven pincher would viewed as a mitigating circumstance and get busted down to a fine only offence.

Unfortunately, the private school snags have taken over the game.

Partly because Boomer was not so much a likeable character to the non North world and he had a history of sooking it up when things weren't going his own way, especially when being tagged.

Yeah there was, that’s why Crowley got fined.
My bad, thought it was basically his word against Crowley's.
IIRC Crowly was supposedly doing it to his abdomen, not his arms. There were certainly clips of crowly's hands in the area and making grabbing/pinching motions over his top, but the only footage of Boomer's skin was some low res crap when he raised his top at the ump, where you couldn't see anything, so it was mostly word v word. It was a bit of a shitshow honestly, Harvey complained to the umps during the game to get some protection/frees but they didn't do anything, and then after the game they cited crowly even though their video evidence and umpire evidence was s**t; making MRP decisions on conflicting oral reports is just dumb.

Compare this though to Stratton pinching arms in an era of full HD, where you not only see the exact action clearly but also the resulting bruising.

Was there last night

Amazing how crablike the Dogs are when you shut down their outside run and short kicking footy. They cut the Blues up in the first quarter using Hunter, Daniel, Macrae, Dunkley etc and short kicks around the boundary

When Teague adjusted and made them kick long to contests on the wing where they have Casboult, Curnow, Weitering etc coming across as third man up, they looked absolutely toothless

No key defender of note. If Naughton is kept quiet they have very few options going forward. Decent midfield if Liberatore is playing but his injury will hurt them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back