Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's an idea Jeremy...............RUN!
He Spider. Is there still a footy ground at Princetown?

Playing juniors there back in the day, the hail was belting in from Bass Strait. The hailstones were so sharp all of the players had blood running down our faces from the cuts. It might have been the same day, but I had to get the ump to stop the dgame when I found a rabbit burrow on the ground (there was a bit of a bunny problem in those days, and there was a wheelbarrow of dirt near the sheds that could be used to fill the hole). This day, some bugger had set a rabbit trap ON THE GROUND.

Did I ever mention, Princetown was one bloody cold place to play footy.

princetown.png

Playing juniors there back in the day, the hail was belting in from Bass Strait. The hailstones were so sharp all of the players had blood running down our faces from the cuts. It might have been the same day, but I had to get the ump to stop the dgame when I found a rabbit burrow on the ground (there was a bit of a bunny problem in those days, and there was a wheelbarrow of dirt near the sheds that could be used to fill the hole). This day, some bugger had set a rabbit trap ON THE GROUND.

View attachment 723714

Yeah, it's still there but only used for cricket. I drove past there yesterday and could only imagine trying to play footy in that weather. That wind. 😱

Under 14s for Hepburn at 8.30 on a Saturday morning.

Ah the memories.

In addition to our home ground there were the tropical paradises of Newlyn, Bungaree, Beaufort and that one year we played some games at korweinguboora.

I broke my wrist spoiling a wet ball. Managed to play out the quarter.

I was much tougher as a 12 year old than 36.

Under 14s for Hepburn at 8.30 on a Saturday morning.

Ah the memories.

In addition to our home ground there were the tropical paradises of Newlyn, Bungaree, Beaufort and that one year we played some games at korweinguboora.

I broke my wrist spoiling a wet ball. Managed to play out the quarter.

I was much tougher as a 12 year old than 36.

My brother used to live out the back of Hepburn. Its cold.

But Canberra is *en cold. If you're not physically used to cold weather it stops you functioning. The air is so cold the blood won't go near your skin and you don't get proper O2 supply to your muscles. It used to happen when teams played the Canberra Raiders at home alot. Asa soon as the shadow went across the ground and the sun went the opposition would stop and the Raiders would run over the top of them.

But Canberra is fu**en cold. If you're not physically used to cold weather it stops you functioning. The air is so cold the blood won't go near your skin and you don't get proper O2 supply to your muscles. It used to happen when teams played the Canberra Raiders at home alot. Asa soon as the shadow went across the ground and the sun went the opposition would stop and the Raiders would run over the top of them.
What were the raiders? *in' Samsquanches or something?

But Canberra is fu**en cold. If you're not physically used to cold weather it stops you functioning. The air is so cold the blood won't go near your skin and you don't get proper O2 supply to your muscles. It used to happen when teams played the Canberra Raiders at home alot. Asa soon as the shadow went across the ground and the sun went the opposition would stop and the Raiders would run over the top of them.
Years ago I went to watch Roos V Dogs in Canberra...with only a denim jacket. It was bloody cold but mainly because of the wind.
I said to a bloke next to me, "Gezuz that wind is freezing!"...he said to me, "yeah.....it's what we call a lazy wind in Canberra.....Goes straight through ya, can't be fkd goin oround ya!"
Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their football director says coach still on training wheels. Obviously they can't. Or maybe Teague is actually a decent coach, and they can.
I'll bet nobody would have expected it to take till part way through the second quarter for the collingswoods to score their first goal against the godees. What were the odds?

View attachment 723714
LOL. Thanks for the pick son of Samsquanch. In contrast, I played footy at Princetown in the hottest conditions I've ever played in. Junior practice match (I played with Warrnambool). Horid. Terrible headache after the game.

LOL. Thanks for the pick son of Samsquanch. In contrast, I played footy at Princetown in the hottest conditions I've ever played in. Junior practice match (I played with Warrnambool). Horid. Terrible headache after the game.

I remember playing in Hobart as a kid and the puddles would always be frozen at Cadburys.

You compare that to playing up here (in the Summerland AFL) and we'd play games in 30 plus temps sometimes. Sometimes its be 30 degrees one week and 15 or 16 the next. Gee life is tough in Summerland.:cool:

Score reviewing is a joke.

The AFL are surely the worst sports governing body in the world.

Remember this article:

That article is grim reading.

Nice to know they only overturn 30% of calls though. Considering it's only of the goals that are referred to them in the first place, it's not too bad. Usually not too many I see where the goal ump has outright made a shocking call, though it certainly does happen. More often than not it's a case of judging a cm or two while dodging players' limbs, or a touched call too far out for them to really adjudicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back