North Melbourne

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If that was
It’s a bit rich of a fan base that cheered on Tony Liberatore for years to be complaining about a player being dirty. Tony just might be the dirtiest player to ever pull on a jumper.
C'mon man, if that was one of our blokes on the receiving end the bleating in here would be deafening.

Bontompelli is a massive bellend and I don't have a lot (read, any) love for the Dogs particularly either, but that sort of s**t is akin to what Boomer used to get from that no name tagger from Freo or the chicken wing s**t from Judd on Patch.

It's the act of a gutless sniper.

If he's found guilty, I hope he goes for the maximum, whatever that is.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If that was

C'mon man, if that was one of our blokes on the receiving end the bleating in here would be deafening.

Bontompelli is a massive bellend and I don't have a lot (read, any) love for the Dogs particularly either, but that sort of s**t is akin to what Boomer used to get from that no name tagger from Freo or the chicken wing s**t from Judd on Patch.

Looks like he was just roughing him up a little. Nothing like the chicken wing tackle that permanently injured Adams.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Every time I hear Chris Scotts patronising sarcastic voice in his Pressers justifying how good Geelong is now and the ‘future’ makes me vomit into my mouth a little bit

So this was in reference to CScotts making the comment that they would be better next year

Well the heat is on now and it will be interesting to see how his narrative unfolds this week

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I saw it live in Saturday on the Poxtel and at the time thought that it didn’t look good and wondered why Green even bothered jumping into the mess

Wasn’t surprised when he was cited

He’s certainly a lightning rod for trouble.

I’m certainly conflicted. On one hand it’s a dirty act that needs to be punished. On the other it was on Mr Malicious himself, so I that’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
He’s certainly a lightning rod for trouble.

I’m certainly conflicted. On one hand it’s a dirty act that needs to be punished. On the other it was on Mr Malicious himself, so I that’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look if Bont tucked his hair behind his ears and licked his fingers there maybe reason for Green to argue provocation

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or maybe it's you and it actually wasn't that easy to miss.
What do you think he did? I saw hair grabbing, generally roughing up but no eye gouging, no elbows to the face. Bont is on the ground but they're face to face. Seems mostly like a press beat up involving one of the heels of the competition and you're falling for it hook line and sinker.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems mostly like a press beat up involving one of the heels of the competition and you're falling for it hook line and sinker.
If you say so mate.

It seems like there are plenty in here who think that there was enough in it to warrant attention, which actually is my point.

Hence the comment "if he's guilty".

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If that was

I’m on record as saying I love Toby Greene. He’s a filthy campaigner and I love him. There was obviously a direction from the coaches to rough up Bontempelli and Toby obliged. He’s a thug.

Would I be pissed if it happened to one of our blokes? Sure, but I’d also be pissed at our blokes for capitulating the way the dogs did. GWS bashed them and now their supporters are sooking up big time. They are the biggest sooks when it comes to this stuff. Remember when Ziebell ended Clokes career? They wanted him suspended for weeks...Ziebell got nothing and it was fantastic. Every time something happens to their players they carry on like a bunch of teenagers.

What do you think happens at the bottom of packs when they’re all wrestling? They use their jumpers to choke them, they push their forearms into their noses, they scratch. It happens all the time and we barely hear of it. It happened to Bont this week and suddenly Stevo has ‘exclusive footage’. Cry me a river.

No worries.

I hope they fu** him hard if he's an eye gouger.

Yeah, you've made your point. If.

I hope he didn't do it and I'm far from convinced that he did. The evidence is flimsy at best. He roughed him up, sure, but that only works on players susceptible to it.

F*** the Western Whingers.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Storm in a teacup. Tribunal will put it down to a zany case of "boys being boys".

$1000 fine to charity of his choice and a couple of interviews about his (Greene's) regret in 2020.

About the same as what he got for his real life king hitting "antics" outside Zagames really.
So, just a good bloke showing a bit of spirit then. Would be a tragedy to miss a game for trying to rip some other buggers eye out.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
It was funny to see that "Journalist" Mark Stevens report the Toby Greene incident on 7 NEWS. The same guy who openly admitted to having dinner with Luke Beveridge, and openly admits that he is a Dogs supporter. Now, I personally think that Greene is a grub, and should absolutely be suspended for his actions, however, Mark Stevens reporting the incident, with a distinctive look of bitterness on his face, is somewhat a conflict of interest. Because of course a Dogs fan/sycophant of Luke Beveridge would label the guy guilty before hes even had his tribunal hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back