Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see a huge bump giving some extra zip late in the last quarter of a game. But if you were hitting the Charlie early or pre game it would be performance impeding.

I don't expect 17-18-year-olds to say a thing. I expect them to knuckle down and earn their spot. If they did the experienced heads would have every right to say "shut your mouth kid". Not "i'm not signing that because I want to do drugs on the weekend."

When did I say any of that? You're just assuming I feel that way. I am against illicit drugs for everyone. We've been through this before with Garner and co. drinking. Players whether they like it or not are role models. Kids look up to them. If everyone in the league decided to scrap the code there will be an increase in fu**ups which will result in a decrease in sponsorship money. We'll see how happy players are if their average wage went from 350k a year down to 250k. I bet they wouldn't be too happy then.

The average AFL career is 4 years. Plenty of time after that to do drugs if they want. Better to make hay while the sun is shining.

At the end of the day, this is all because a player stuffed up and is upset because he ruined his career. Desperate people do desperate things and now he's going down the route of the mental issues.

Thankfully the WADA code was developed by logical people and not Australian old timers that think "yeah nah...let them have some fun!" :drunk:

You just might be the best straw manner on the Internet.

You just might be the best straw manner on the Internet.
It's easy to go down that route when you're wrong.

My position never waivered so no I have not created a straw man. No drugs in sport - really simple.

I'm not the one here that has suggested kids do drugs that could potentially affect the health of themselves and others.

It's easy to go down that route when you're wrong.

My position never waivered so no I have not created a straw man. No drugs in sport - really simple.

I'm not the one here that has suggested kids do drugs that could potentially affect the health of themselves and others.

No illicit drugs in sport should extend to everyone employed as a result of that sport, the governing bodies, coaches, administrators, journalists..etc.

That’s my point and you’ve not addressed it. Instead you’ve raved about a decrease in sponsorship money, or falsely claiming I suggested kids take drugs

No illicit drugs in sport should extend to everyone employed as a result of that sport, the governing bodies, coaches, administrators, journalists..etc.

That’s my point and you’ve not addressed it. Instead you’ve raved about a decrease in sponsorship money, or falsely claiming I suggested kids take drugs
um...I clearly addressed it as seen below. I repeat: I am against illicit drugs for everyone.

I don't expect 17-18-year-olds to say a thing. I expect them to knuckle down and earn their spot. If they did the experienced heads would have every right to say "shut your mouth kid". Not "i'm not signing that because I want to do drugs on the weekend."

When did I say any of that? You're just assuming I feel that way. I am against illicit drugs for everyone. We've been through this before with Garner and co. drinking. Players whether they like it or not are role models. Kids look up to them. If everyone in the league decided to scrap the code there will be an increase in fu**ups which will result in a decrease in sponsorship money. We'll see how happy players are if their average wage went from 350k a year down to 250k. I bet they wouldn't be too happy then.

The average AFL career is 4 years. Plenty of time after that to do drugs if they want. Better to make hay while the sun is shining.

At the end of the day, this is all because a player stuffed up and is upset because he ruined his career. Desperate people do desperate things and now he's going down the route of the mental issues.

Thankfully the WADA code was developed by logical people and not Australian old timers that think "yeah nah...let them have some fun!" :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

um...I clearly addressed it as seen below. I repeat: I am against illicit drugs for everyone.

The whole "they're just boys" thing is a bit farcical at times.

It's an elite sport. I doubt you get into the Russian gymnastic team or Chelsea's youth program then willingly piss it up (literally) doing anything that compromises your ability to train and recover to your limits.

Granted the kids enter the system young at 17/18+ but if they're unwilling to knowingly make the sacrifice to play elite sport and be very well compensated, there's a dozen mega-driven Tom Scully or Brent Harvey "living athletes" willing to take their opportunity from them.

The whole "they're just boys" thing is a bit farcical at times.

It's an elite sport. I doubt you get into the Russian gymnastic team or Chelsea's youth program then willingly piss it up (literally) doing anything that compromises your ability to train and recover to your limits.

Granted the kids enter the system young at 17/18+ but if they're unwilling to knowingly make the sacrifice to play elite sport and be very well compensated, there's a dozen mega-driven Tom Scully or Brent Harvey "living athletes" willing to take their opportunity from them.
This x100

Sport has evolved. I know it's Australia and a lot of people in here probably played in the 70/80s and then had a ciggie/tinnie after the game. But that's not the culture at the highest level. You want that go play amateurs on the weekend. Then you can get an 8-5 during the week and let's see how you fit fortnite in then.

"they aren't robots" - actually that's exactly what the modern athlete needs to be. I'm glad Boomer is still at the club. We need petrie back too

They need hard nut mids. Is he good enough? Or has he used up his 15 mins back in 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. If they accept he can be a really solid role player, then he could be good for them.

What a bloke does in his spare time is no ones business provided he shows up and delivers.
Sure it's his private life but footy isn't a 8-5 job and delivering isn't black and white. If a player is still performing there will always be question marks around whether they could improve (perform more) if they followed the guidelines set by research. That's why every aspect of performance has been tested and will continue to be. You want them operating at the highest level that their body will allow.

Footscray have sold their shares in gaming venues.

Copying us yet again.

"Community club" "everyone's second favourite team".

Everyone be prepared for the media adulation that will follow.

Only Collingwood's transition out of gaming revenue will surpass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back