Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully next they'll ban sh*t, excessively overpriced food in the interests of public health.
It's all part of the experience that makes a day at the footy memorable. Along with light beer in plastic cups and s**t umpiring. An Aussie tradition.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

game on MCG!

1574384912102.png

1574384956336.png

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And North pissing away a 5 goal lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was trying to put the Scotts years conversation behind me, but now you mention it... Yeah.

Anyways, we've got Scamper now. So raise your watery beer in plastic cups to the new era of turning 5 goal 3/4 time leads into 12 goal wins.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
I was trying to put the Scotts years conversation behind me, but now you mention it... Yeah.

Anyways, we've got Scamper now. So raise your watery beer in plastic cups to the new era of turning 5 goal 3/4 time leads into 12 goal wins.
TO SCAMPER!
giphy.gif

10984.jpeg

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Dodgy dealings down Casey council way for favourable land deals and brown paper bags. Geoff in for $300 big ones.

The Mayor Mr. Aziz in for $900 big ones but packed up, sold the house and flew to Egypt. In a f'book statement; is innocent, will vigorously defend himself, co-operate fully with any inquiry and fly back immediately to clear his name.

His plane yet to land...........

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Geoff Ablett not getting much traction.

Footy meeja very quiet.
local councils IMO are the same the country through, i have been dealing with the local council for the last 8 months concerning a permit to put up a shed on farm zone land and install a entry crossing through a road reserve. might have gone a bit smoother if i had a hand to grease.

one example of the frustrations one could encounter was when i submitted the crossing application the person at the counter said they couldn't accept the application because the property didnt have an RRN/rural address. after trying to explain that the property has never had an entrance before therefore it cannot have an RRN because the RRN is derived from the distance the driveway is from the beginning of the road. the officer was sympathetic but insisted that an RRN was necessary. in the end they put the neighbors address on the application so i could lodge it.

the application is supposed to take 2 working days however 2 weeks later when i hadnt heard anything i contacted them and the person in compliance said it was sitting in the engineering dept. she then inquired with them for what the hold up was and the shire engineers were insisting i place the crossover round the corner on another road because of the vegitation/trees that would have to be removed at the proposed spot was intrusive. unfortunately the place they suggested wasn't even on our property. a day later the permit came through....

I’d suggest cocaine would be performance enhancing due to its properties as a stimulant.

That, and it’s also illegal.

But as you say, the whole league is doing it and they’re not about to blow their own foot off through this issue.

They do it well enough with others.

Stimulant and confidence enhancer.

um...I clearly addressed it as seen below. I repeat: I am against illicit drugs for everyone.

So you're a puritanical campaigner who thinks what other people do in their private lives is somehow some of his business.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The whole "they're just boys" thing is a bit farcical at times.

It's an elite sport. I doubt you get into the Russian gymnastic team or Chelsea's youth program then willingly piss it up (literally) doing anything that compromises your ability to train and recover to your limits.

Granted the kids enter the system young at 17/18+ but if they're unwilling to knowingly make the sacrifice to play elite sport and be very well compensated, there's a dozen mega-driven Tom Scully or Brent Harvey "living athletes" willing to take their opportunity from them.

You’d get into both those programs by doping though

The whole "they're just boys" thing is a bit farcical at times.

It's an elite sport. I doubt you get into the Russian gymnastic team or Chelsea's youth program then willingly piss it up (literally) doing anything that compromises your ability to train and recover to your limits.

Granted the kids enter the system young at 17/18+ but if they're unwilling to knowingly make the sacrifice to play elite sport and be very well compensated, there's a dozen mega-driven Tom Scully or Brent Harvey "living athletes" willing to take their opportunity from them.

I actually agree with this. Its not the performance enhancing aspects of illicit drug use that are the issue its the way they can potentially degrade an elite athletes performance. Maybe its not an issue but how would you tell?

Off season I don't care so much tho. But if you aren't up to standard and party out of season instead of doing the work you need to then it might catch up with you.

You’d get into both those programs by doping though

I knew someone who claimed they knocked back an AIS cycling scholarship because they didn't want to do the pre intake roids program. Or so they claimed. It could have been bullshit. Early 90s tho - I suspect they were truthful.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually agree with this. Its not the performance enhancing aspects of illicit drug use that are the issue its the way they can potentially degrade an elite athletes performance. Maybe its not an issue but how would you tell?

Off season I don't care so much tho. But if you aren't up to standard and party out of season instead of doing the work you need to then it might catch up with you.

Same goes for administrators. How can they make crucial decisions that’ll effect the future of the comp if they’ve been on a three day chalk binge?

Personally I don’t like where we’re headed where all the players are held to a higher standard then the organisation that employs them

I really only care that our players aren't too drug ****ed to perform at their best.

If AFL admin are sober and straight tho then I suggest they need some serious drug abuse to get their heads right.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So you're a puritanical campaigner who thinks what other people do in their private lives is somehow some of his business.
If it against the law of course I am against it.

But there is a big difference between being against it and being tolerant of it. People can do whatever they want in their private time just as long as they accept the consequences should they come.

Most people in society can't function in there day to day as it is. You add drugs to that situation and you have a recipe for disaster. If those drug users affect non-drug users in some way (getting behind a car or getting into fights at bars/clubs) then it's an issue.

Alcohol and energy drinks like red bull cause more fights than illegal drugs. They are both legal.
I've come to the conclusion that the only reason party drugs are illegal is to keep prices and profit margins high.
Heroin is illegal for similar reasons plus the bonus of vulnerable addicts with psychological problems which is a great thing for the Epstein's of this world.
But this is probably the wrong thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back