Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This will be interesting to track over the journey.

Nick Blakey has it all... but so does our boy TT.

Very easy to see a situation where they are both top 5 in the league players.

Another quick note.

Rory Sloane is one of the smartest players in the game right now. Has his limitations but he sees the game very well. Similar to Pendlebury he has time.

Might be worth a look for a coaching role in the future.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Does anyone else feel that if the AFL hadn't basically guaranteed them four points every year since 2012 or whenever they [Richmond] first started playing the Blues in the most important home and away fixture that some of that success might have not gone their way? I think it is a leg-up that could be comparable to the MCG home GF, northern academies or even the COLA. Hardly ever gets talked about outside the realm of bitter crankery.
I was, in fact, thinking about this the other night. What would happen, however, if Brad "I can't win Round 1" Scott, had coached against Carlton in those rounds?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I realised what's missing for me is the sense that it matters either way. Maybe it's perspective when life is back to the basics of health and having enough food, or maybe it's because the shadow of the season being suspended makes me think W/L isn't going to mean anything.
Yep. Perspective. We all, already know this, when push comes to shove. And now it has. Footy is a part of life; it isn't life.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nick Blakey is a mommas boy, who passed up on the opportunity of being a superstar player at his ‘Childhood club’.
I find it really hard to like him....really pisses me off. Juts don't get it. I would've given anything to play for North, literally can't stand anyone else for one reason or another...... be it because of a certain player, the way the media gobbles them or just the armchair ride they get. Imagine playing for your old man's club, how good. I really don't want him to succeed. Feel the same way, but to a lesser degree about JK. He couldn't choose, initially, but then he could and stayed.
Both would be exceptional in blue and white though, grinds my gears :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back