Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Heath but agree with the sentiment it would potentially be a bit damaging to the fabric of the club to recruit the Coach's brother to play for a year, after shitcanning so many similarish players who are far younger and close enough to his level.

1 year in an onfield coaching role where he's contracted to transition into full time coaching the year after... That's a slightly different story perhaps. But would he even take it if it wasn't guaranteed his big bro would be head coach in that second year?

It's an interesting conversation to have though. I personally think Heath has matured into someone who could be a very good coach and would be quite rapt for us to get first dibs on him.

1 year in an onfield coaching role where he's contracted to transition into full time coaching the year after... That's a slightly different story perhaps. But would he even take it if it wasn't guaranteed his big bro would be head coach in that second year?

That was my line of thinking, play the Luke Hodge role at a young Brisbane side type of deal.

Even if Rhyce doesn't make it as a coach, there's still going to be an opportunity for both Shaw's out there in the world of coaching as assistants.

North as a club isn't really rolling the dice on taking a gamble here, if anything its a gamble for the Shaw brothers. Our young players will benefit from an experienced and very vocal on-field player in Heath to get the message across, after all it can't be Taz all the time.

today puts us ahead. GWS re-signed Cameron for 2 years, Goodwin coaches Melbourne who overrate their list and dont get me started on *

It's really quite amazing that he was re-signed just over 2 weeks ago and since then he's dropped his captain, threw a player out of the hub after they said they were leaving the club at the end of the year, and has now completely destroyed any chance at a finals campaign with 3 straight losses including one to the club at the bottom of the ladder.

I don't have much animosity towards him or the club, even though I think he's an awful coach and that 3/4 of the players are egomaniacs that refuse to buy in to a team first ethos, but it's still pretty hilarious to see such a pathetic fall from grace so quickly. The timing of it all is almost poetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back