Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayden Short was handed a watch by Richmond fan after the siren
Richmond’s Jayden Short was handed a mysterious gift shortly after the AFL Grand Final siren and viewers were keen to know what it was. We tracked down the fan in question and he’s revealed all.

Jon Ralph, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

When the final siren blew on Saturday night Jayden Short knew it was Tiger time.

Now he can confirm it after the gift of a special gold and black watch from watchmaker Daniel Haas after the siren in the premiership victory.

On the Tigers’ victory lap Geelong-raised businessman Haas, who moved to Queensland and recently started the watch-making business, was keen to give the gift to a Tigers player.

Short was initially reluctant but soon accepted, with fans watching on television keen to know what that mysterious gift was.

With COVID restrictions only released on the final siren it was the first chance for Tigers players to interact with fans for selfies and high fives.

Haas told the Herald Sun on Monday it was the perfect token of his gratitude after selecting the watch from his Wilder Haas Watches catalogue.

“It was just a gesture and I am so humbled that he accepted the watch to begin with,” he said.

“It’s a gold and black watch, my favourite of the watches I sell. He came over and I thought he was nearly going to get the Norm Smith and I said to him, this is from my collection and my son wants to give it to you.

“He didn’t want to take it but when he saw it was from my son, he said, “Thank you very much”.

“I have been a Tiger fan all my life, I am very lucky we moved to Queensland and our cases are down compared to Victoria but I managed to get Grand Final tickets and it was an unreal experience.

“To take my son and best mate to the game was so good, especially over the team where I grew up in Geelong.

“I was always copping flak from Geelong supporters. For him to come back and give me a big handshake was so good.”

Haas’s grandfather worked fixing old time pieces so he grew to love the craft growing up and then in April 2019 when he started his online business he labelled it Wilder Haas Watches.

“To be wearing one after the game and be able to pass it on to Jayden, I was lost for words”

The black and gold watch is called an Empire from his collection of timepieces.

Richmond’s Jayden Short was handed a mysterious gift shortly after the AFL Grand Final siren and viewers were keen to know what it was. We tracked down the fan in question and he’s revealed all.

When the final siren blew on Saturday night Jayden Short knew it was Tiger time.

Now he can confirm it after the gift of a special gold and black watch from watchmaker Daniel Haas after the siren in the premiership victory.

On the Tigers’ victory lap Geelong-raised businessman Haas, who moved to Queensland and recently started the watch-making business, was keen to give the gift to a Tigers player.

Short was initially reluctant but soon accepted, with fans watching on television keen to know what that mysterious gift was.

With COVID restrictions only released on the final siren it was the first chance for Tigers players to interact with fans for selfies and high fives.

Haas told the Herald Sun on Monday it was the perfect token of his gratitude after selecting the watch from his Wilder Haas Watches catalogue.

“It was just a gesture and I am so humbled that he accepted the watch to begin with,” he said.

“It’s a gold and black watch, my favourite of the watches I sell. He came over and I thought he was nearly going to get the Norm Smith and I said to him, this is from my collection and my son wants to give it to you.

“He didn’t want to take it but when he saw it was from my son, he said, “Thank you very much”.

“I have been a Tiger fan all my life, I am very lucky we moved to Queensland and our cases are down compared to Victoria but I managed to get Grand Final tickets and it was an unreal experience.

“To take my son and best mate to the game was so good, especially over the team where I grew up in Geelong.

“I was always copping flak from Geelong supporters. For him to come back and give me a big handshake was so good.”

Haas’s grandfather worked fixing old time pieces so he grew to love the craft growing up and then in April 2019 when he started his online business he labelled it Wilder Haas Watches.

“To be wearing one after the game and be able to pass it on to Jayden, I was lost for words”

This is quite complex so hopefully the diagram below explains it more clearly for the layperson.

1603676953512.png

Shane Martin was handed a house by a Richmond fan after the siren
New Zealand resident Shane Martin was handed a mysterious gift shortly after the AFL 2017 free agency period and viewers were keen to know what it was. We tracked down the fan in question and he’s revealed all.

When free agency ended in 2017 Shane Martin knew his son might’ve finished his Tiger time.

Now he can confirm it didn’t happen after the gift of a special gold and black 3 bedroom cottage from a mysterious fan only wishing to be known as “Beil Nalme”.

Exclusive pictures of the "watch":

1603677978803.png

2020 - Male - Watch
2019 - Female - Tampon

* footy clubs move quick. Amazing PR

It’s not a lie, if you can fool everyone.
You have to sell your kidney just to get 10 seconds of air time with Richmond or Channel 7. The fact the grand final just happened makes it just as hard to get some exposure.

All of a sudden they are promoting this guys watch brand free of charge all over their socials 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jayden Short wins the Tigers BnF in a premiership year.

1603706403229.png

Last edited:

View attachment 995960
He'll celebrate with a couple of bags of Watch's I presume

It's only one side of the story, so grain of salt and all. But geeze I've heard of a fair few situations with similarities to that.

I'm sure he'll get some good support now that red flags have been thrown up, and hopefully that includes someone with the ability to be a good advocate for him.

Some of the commentary, based purely around that one message he sent, is pretty disgusting though. Going both ways too. It's on bigfooty and the web at large. Hopefully no one involved pays it any attention.

View attachment 995960

Should have won the Norm Smith also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back