Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forwards coach Ben Hart is returning to Melbourne due to family reasons, midfield boss Michael Godden has not been offered a new deal and defensive coach Brent Reilly has been told he will be moved into a new role.

D732B0D1-016A-4427-8A22-1F0B66F574B1.gif

The Mid season draft so far

CARL1. Carlton - Josh DelucaDelisted
GCFC2. Gold Coast - Mitch RiordanDelisted
MELB3. Melbourne - Kyle DunkleyDelisted
SYD4. Sydney - Michael Knoll?
NMFC5. North Melbourne - Lachlan HosieDelisted
WB6. Western Bulldogs - Ryan GardnerGoing ok
ESS7. Essendon - Will SnellingGoing ok
STK8. St Kilda - Jack Mayo?
PORT9. Port Adelaide - Cam SutcliffeGoing ok
HAW10. Hawthorn - Pass-
FRE11. Fremantle - Dillon O'ReillyDelisted
ADEL12. Adelaide - Pass-
RICH13. Richmond - Marlion Pickett1 premiership, going ok
COLL14. Collingwood - John NobleGoing ok

Last edited:
The Mid season draft so far

CARL1. Carlton - Josh DelucaDelisted
GCFC2. Gold Coast - Mitch Riordan?
MELB3. Melbourne - Kyle DunkleyDelisted
SYD4. Sydney - Michael Knoll?
NMFC5. North Melbourne - Lachlan HosieDelisted
WB6. Western Bulldogs - Ryan GardnerGoing ok
ESS7. Essendon - Will SnellingGoing ok
STK8. St Kilda - Jack Mayo?
PORT9. Port Adelaide - Cam SutcliffeGoing ok
HAW10. Hawthorn - Pass-
FRE11. Fremantle - Dillon O'ReillyDelisted
ADEL12. Adelaide - Pass-
RICH13. Richmond - Marlion Pickett1 premiership, going ok
COLL14. Collingwood - John NobleGoing ok
I reckon Sutcliffe will get Cutcliffe.

Worth a look?

I'm not bullshitting, but Dunkley certainly is with a whole heap of list spots to replace.

He probably would have gone around a similar spot to Comben and Perez last year and performed well in the VFL.

He had no VFL football this year and extenuating circumstances.

He's definitely a decent option to fill out the list spots at 20 years old with plenty of unrealised potential. He's certainly no standard 25 year old list clogger.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorns' Conor Glass has retired and returned to Ireland.

What a shock, Irish player bails out. I don't care if they're Cat B, the average ROI on Irish players is appalling.

I still reckon you'd have better odds of finding a 100 game player by cycling in an enthusiastic American 200cm+ hopeful every 2nd year.

I still reckon you'd have better odds of finding a 100 game player by cycling in an enthusiastic American 200cm+ hopeful every 2nd year.

This would be categorically true. I have no idea why the AFL sees so much in say China, or Gaelic footballers to import as players when both ventures are a total bust.

Americans however, love the sport and Ex-NFL or college NFL/Basketball players would be world class kickers and athletes.

The AFL and footy teams at large are sleeping on talent that wouldn't mind moving and staying, Irish boys love their homeland too much to stay, Australia and Ireland couldn't be any more different.

This would be categorically true. I have no idea why the AFL sees so much in say China, or Gaelic footballers to import as players when both ventures are a total bust.

Americans however, love the sport and Ex-NFL or college NFL/Basketball players would be world class kickers and athletes.

The AFL and footy teams at large are sleeping on talent that wouldn't mind moving and staying, Irish boys love their homeland too much to stay, Australia and Ireland couldn't be any more different.

Off the top of my head, the 3 American players I've paid attention to are Eric Wallace, Shae McNamara and Mason Cox.

All 3 are all out positive and ambitious and did everything to try and make a go of it. There are so many athletic talents in their 200 odd million people and so many biases and obstructions in their pathways to their own elite sports.

There's a potential goldmine of at the least rucking talent if we can refine our search methods.

Off the top of my head, the 3 American players I've paid attention to are Eric Wallace, Shae McNamara and Mason Cox.

All 3 are all out positive and ambitious and did everything to try and make a go of it. There are so many athletic talents in their 200 odd million people and so many biases and obstructions in their pathways to their own elite sports.

There's a potential goldmine of at the least rucking talent if we can refine our search methods.
Most NFL players don’t touch a ball, and those that do are use to two dimension play. Basketballs on the other hand always touch the ball and have a better concept of 360 degree play.

Most NFL players don’t touch a ball, and those that do are use to two dimension play. Basketballs on the other hand always touch the ball and have a better concept of 360 degree play.
Think I heard somewhere, I could be wrong, that Pendles has a basketball background.......Keep that to yourself though

Ok. IMO he's exactly the sort of player we need. Is elite by foot and his vision and footy IQ is off the charts.
I think the Richmond system suits him nicely as the 8th banana. Just my observation of him and following him this year.
Serious taz? I don't want him at Arden Street but the bloke can play?
Hes an exciting Liam Anthony. Will fill a need but when Cotchin, Houli, Riewoldt go I doubt hell have still make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back