Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just so invested in pushing back against anything they perceive as 'woke' or 'politically correct' that they will do mental gymnastics to justify any opposing point of view, regardless of the actual issue being discussed.

I get it, constant discussion of progressive issues can get tiring sometimes, and there definitely are people that can be beyond obnoxious about it. But to fully push the other way as a result and discount any actual merit to be had in any singular issue without thinking critically, simply because of "those bloody lefties etc." is foolish.
Yet, apparently, everyone else has confirmation bias.

Last edited:
Collingwood didn’t have its 2nd indigenous player till 1995. It didn’t get its first until 1982.

A report found a racist club to be racist, what a surprise.

Must be the lefts fault 🙄

There was a string of racist incidents, but to say it was/is SYSTEMIC is a real stretch.

It isn't actually the existence of the incidents that make it systemic, it is the fact that the same people have been in positions of power - Maguire/Buckley - over decades during that string of incidents that points to the systemic operations of Collingwood being racist.

That incidents happens again and again under these people at Collingwood, and these people are actively involved/instigators of some of the incidents, indicated a systemic issue.

It isn't actually the existence of the incidents that make it systemic, it is the fact that the same people have been in positions of power - Maguire/Buckley - over decades during that string of incidents that points to the systemic operations of Collingwood being racist.

That incidents happens again and again under these people at Collingwood, and these people are actively involved/instigators of some of the incidents, indicated a systemic issue.
Not to mention the fact that the organisation has done little to address these issues other than sling mud.

Snake, for all the flak you cop from some other posters, I love your work. Sensible, logical and reasonable.

Keep up the good fight. This insanity surely can't continue much longer.

There was a string of racist incidents, but to say it was/is SYSTEMIC is a real stretch.

From one rationalist to another, thanks & I will*. :thumbsu:

*Until the cancel types get me permabanned.

Keep up the good fight. This insanity surely can't continue much longer.

The real danger about this is that proper issues get diluted in the hype.

Collingwood didn’t have its 2nd indigenous player till 1995. It didn’t get its first until 1982.

A report found a racist club to be racist, what a surprise.

Must be the lefts fault 🙄

Have you thought about becoming a sociologist?

You already have the autoethnographic part down.

I have been trained by experts to detect and dismiss bias.

I actually do this for a living.

You're a sociologist?

As in you're trained to detect bias when investigating issues around race and culture in large groups/organisations of human beings.

Interesting.

This is supposed to be a footy discussion thread. Reckon it’s about time for folks to go wave their flags elsewhere.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a sociologist?

As in you're trained to detect bias when investigating issues around race and culture in large groups/organisations of human beings.

Interesting.
No mate, he has to determine if the guy at the centerlink counter is a Bombers fan that reads BigFooty. He was taught how to dole bludge by experts when in his mountain top cave.

Have you thought about becoming a sociologist?

You already have the autoethnographic part down.

Have you ever thought of becoming a Collingwood supporter?

I'm aware of the definition having read a bit of the literature and a few commentators on the subject.

Implicit bias is pseudoscience at best atm, with the Implicit Association Test regarded as highly dubious by many academics. So basically, there is no realistic way to measure or completely understand unconscious prejudice. So maybe we cool it on the systemic racism jargon for now and focus on rooting out the overt forms of racism that you have mentioned.

No I won't be doing that. Its been a problem my whole life.

And I know what racism is.

Finally, some peoples opinions on one test for an entire concept do not render that concept invalid.

I have been trained by experts to detect and dismiss bias.

I actually do this for a living.
Thats hardly a big claim, us wokester lefties have made a living out of paintings, poetry, thespian activities and the like for years, just means you have to be content to live on rice crackers topped with kale.

Mason Cox rated elite by Champion Data.

I think they should just pack it up and go home.
He is the fourth most accurate shot on goal playing today and overall the twelfth most accurate in the last 55 years, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back