Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I laughed so hard when it was suggested by one of the commentators that this was deliberate.
From 2018
fe73f51.jpg

Those two decisions that went against Geelong tonight are nothing short of scandalous. The not 15 call in particular. If the AFL has any integrity what’s so ever it should come out and openly admit it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Those two decisions that went against Geelong tonight are nothing short of scandalous. The not 15 call in particular. If the AFL has any integrity what’s so ever it should come out and openly admit it

What. Open a Pandora’s box of worms? That would require integrity. It’s the AFL mate!

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

This was not that umpire's first rodeo.

Skarrz

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It was deemed touched, if the game had been 2-3 seconds longer I think HTB would have been paid.. they are letting them go a lot this year

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Collingwood vs Gold Coast
Crowd: 24,397 at the MCG

Notice the crickets coming from the media about their crowd, we would have copped a pasting. This after their 29k against the Giants.

Don't they have 100,000 members? I've always felt our crowd to member ratio was much better than those 'big' clubs

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

Discretionary rules.

It was deemed touched, if the game had been 2-3 seconds longer I think HTB would have been paid.. they are letting them go a lot this year

Ben Cunnington would like a word.

Don't they have 100,000 members? I've always felt our crowd to member ratio was much better than those 'big' clubs

How would you ever know - I reckon they'd have played GC at home maybe 2-3 times in a decade. Their crowds are so reliant on fixturing handouts to get the biggest numbers.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Discretionary rules.

Aren't they all that these days? The deliberate "greying" of the rules allows for just about any interpretation possible!

It's like Australian state & federal government statutory law. Wallpaper the masses in with so many statutes that there's no longer any cracks for the "common law" to squeeze through.

Of course, this set up is wide open now to promote and excuse personal bias.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
How would you ever know - I reckon they'd have played GC at home maybe 2-3 times in a decade. Their crowds are so reliant on fixturing handouts to get the biggest numbers.

Which leads into the AFL corporate human centipede.....

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Geez, I wouldn’t last five minutes at the footy if they cracked done on people calling bald-headed umpires bald-headed flogs. That would be tame for me.
You would think it was more than just “ bald-headed flog “ etc. Otherwise what the hell is the world coming to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back