Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook fans make me sick... openly hoping Hawthorn won tonight to guarantee us pick 1.

Sure pick 1 is nice, but id rather remain competitive and get pick 2-3
The better Hawthorn et al do the more games we can "safely" win.

Personally I'm very happy that Hawthorn won, and hope that we too go on to crack up another couple of wins.

It's not just facebook fans
Overall its merryweather Facebook fans, who probably won't even be here to support us in our 2024 premiership. At least that's what afl evolution tells me.

Last edited:
Sydney appeared to have our old pre bye syndrome in full effect tonight. Even Heeney had a bit of a Jeff Spicoli look about him tonight. Unfortunately for them they really couldn’t afford to lose to a lowly side with the fixture they have coming up.

We may as well unveil Horne now!

Sydney appeared to have our old pre bye syndrome in full effect tonight. Even Heeney had a bit of a Jeff Spicoli look about him tonight. Unfortunately for them they really couldn’t afford to lose to a lowly side with the fixture they have coming up.

We may as well unveil Horne now!

It kind of pisses me off Horne trained with Port Adelaide a while ago for a week, he isn't a father-son, he isn't part of an Academy, why was he training with Port? We can't even get within 1km of a Vic junior, not allowed to give them a physical, not allowed to test them out, not allowed to do a medical.

I hate this one set of rules for Victoria and a different set of rules for everyone else.

It kind of pisses me off Horne trained with Port Adelaide a while ago for a week, he isn't a father-son, he isn't part of an Academy, why was he training with Port? We can't even get within 1km of a Vic junior, not allowed to give them a physical, not allowed to test them out, not allowed to do a medical.

I hate this one set of rules for Victoria and a different set of rules for everyone else.

Agree, and the same goes for the VFL teams outside Vic being able to play while ours wither on the vine.

We had Stephenson train with us in his draft year. All the top kids get allocated somewhere

The Tasmanian kids train with us regularly. Jason Stephenson trained with us also. Most highly ranked juniors have a short training period with an AFL club, and Horne has the choice of 2 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* hell, utter sh*t night for footy:

Razor Ray mic'd up and carrying on like a pork chop - tick

Did you see how he waggled his arse as he ran when he paid that deliberate OOB free kick. It's like he had some kind of pavlovian automatic trigger - the excitement of paying what he knew would be a contentious, technical free had a whole body effect.

Did you see how he waggled his arse as he ran when he paid that deliberate OOB free kick. It's like he had some kind of pavlovian automatic trigger - the excitement of paying what he knew would be a contentious, technical free had a whole body effect.
Missed it but doesn't surprise me. The booming baritone goes up half an octave and he has kind of a full body quiver whenever he knows he'll be centre stage with a controversial call.

They had a decent look at Tyler Sonsie putting in a decent performance for their VFL team earlier this year. He's the sort of player they really need too - adds a bit of class to a midfield that is mostly grunt.

I’m no draft expert, but I just don’t get the obsession with Horne on this board. History shows top 3 picks have about the same chance to turn out into a gun. I’d be very surprised if this sort of crap even entered Clarkson’s mind - he’d be trying to win every time and in the process set the standards and see who can take them forward and who can’t.

This weird obsession with the spoon is absolutely cringeworthy. If we got on a roll and actually managed to get a few wins in the run home, they would be priceless in terms of our rebuild. Whoever tells you they are meaningless has no idea

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m no draft expert, but I just don’t get the obsession with Horne on this board. History shows top 3 picks have about the same chance to turn out into a gun. I’d be very surprised if this sort of crap even entered Clarkson’s mind - he’d be trying to win every time and in the process set the standards and see who can take them forward and who can’t.

This weird obsession with the spoon is absolutely cringeworthy. If we got on a roll and actually managed to get a few wins in the run home, they would be priceless in terms of our rebuild. Whoever tells you they are meaningless has no idea

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could not agree more! Let's just try and win every football match that we play in!

Agree, and the same goes for the VFL teams outside Vic being able to play while ours wither on the vine.
Won’t there be scratch matches played with the AFL listed VFL players?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not ranking the kid based upon pick 1 hype. I am analysing based upon decades of watching kids coming through.

IMO, he is a stand out junior player.

I agree with this, but I am also realistic about the list management combined with the expectations of the new game plan. These things combined make it inevitable that we won't get above bottom 2-3 based upon realistic improvement expectations.

Horne looks like a freak to my eyes. Been watching the SANFL since his name was brought up earlier in the year and some of the things he does to adult men much bigger than him is insane.

Having said that, I agree with Event Horizon. Having access to Horne would be a consolation to a s**t season, but shouldn't be our burning priority.

Anticipating losses based on past performances and looking to what that means from the draft is not equal to wanting losses or celebrating a spoon.

There are people here who are literally concerned and disappointed when we look like winning, for fear of losing pick 1. I think that's different to those who are just making an educated guess.l and consoling themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back