Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody Weightman lives near me and I see him up my local shops on a near daily basis, and I'm often in the same shop/cafe as he is.

Can I just say what a pleasant and polite young man he is - despite how he comes across on TV as it were.

I've seen him have interactions with a variety of people, and even had a few myself (not dagging him, more sharing space in cafes etc) and he's always just a really genuine young bloke.

Even now he's on crutches after his ankle surgery and honestly I've heard him get asked about it four or five times and on every occasion he's answered the random asking him about it in a really friendly way. Certainly more patient than I'd be lol.

This morning he was telling the owners of the cafe about how he went back to his Mum and Dads after his surgery because he was struggling by himself.

Completely unaffected, just a nice young bloke (also I will always love him for crushing Essendon dreams in a final lol).

Last edited:

Cody Weightman lives near me and I see him up my local shops (Union Road) on a near daily basis, and I'm often in the same shop/cafe as he is.

Can I just say what a pleasant and polite young man he is - despite how he comes across on TV as it were.

I've seen him have interactions with a variety of people, and even had a few myself (not dagging him, more sharing space in cafes etc) and he's always just a really genuine young bloke.

Even now he's on crutches after his ankle surgery and honestly I've heard him get asked about it four or five times and on every occasion he's answered the random asking him about it in a really friendly way. Certainly more patient than I'd be lol.

This morning he was telling the owners of the cafe about how he went back to his Mum and Dads after his surgery because he was struggling by himself.

Completely unaffected, just a nice young bloke (also I will always love him for crushing Essendon dreams in a final lol).
Always seemed like a nice kid.
Just loves footy.

Always seemed like a nice kid.
Just loves footy.

Reckon he;'s a classic case where if he played for us, we'd adore him.

Hope Eddie Mazda can become our version tbh.

Cody Weightman lives near me and I see him up my local shops on a near daily basis, and I'm often in the same shop/cafe as he is.

Nice. I would dead set love Weightman if he played for us and I might a little bit anyway.

On a similar note, not firsthand but via some friends who have spent the last decade or so around junior footy circles in the Oakleigh Chargers catchment area ...

For all the s**t he cops as a commentator, Luke Darcy is apparently one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. Never big-notes himself or his kid, always got time for everyone, not a dill at all, genuinely good fella.

Nice. I would dead set love Weightman if he played for us and I might a little bit anyway.

On a similar note, not firsthand but via some friends who have spent the last decade or so around junior footy circles in the Oakleigh Chargers catchment area ...

For all the sh*t he cops as a commentator, Luke Darcy is apparently one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. Never big-notes himself or his kid, always got time for everyone, not a dill at all, genuinely good fella.
Luke is a dilf

For all the sh*t he cops as a commentator, Luke Darcy is apparently one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. Never big-notes himself or his kid, always got time for everyone, not a dill at all, genuinely good fella.

I met him at his pub in Richmond a few years ago. Just had a quick chat after my dad said g’day when he was walking past. He seemed like a really nice bloke. Not a lot to go off but he could’ve just nodded and kept walking, I probably would’ve. Dad was chuffed lol.

Yeah Darc is good mates with some of my mates, he’s a cracking bloke actually. A really good fella.

Anyone watch the Onward to Victory episode last night on Port Adelaide? Couldn’t help but think we’ve got a massive fight on our hands to get Choppy’s kids. Amazing history that footy club. Hope I’m wrong though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch the Onward to Victory episode last night on Port Adelaide? Couldn’t help but think we’ve got a massive fight on our hands to get Choppy’s kids. Amazing history that footy club. Hope I’m wrong though.
His eldest is a North Fan?
His youngest are port fans?
I thought that was in an article or something

His eldest is a North Fan?
His youngest are port fans?
I thought that was in an article or something
As I said, hope I‘m wrong. If ya haven’t seen it, the doco was sensational. Past players have got an unbelievable connection to their club. Was a really well done doco.
I watched about 10 mins of the * one and the wank factor was off the charts.

As I said, hope I‘m wrong. If ya haven’t seen it, the doco was sensational. Past players have got an unbelievable connection to their club. Was a really well done doco.
I watched about 10 mins of the * one and the wank factor was off the charts.
Went looking for it, have had Byron Junior fairly regularly at the Father/Son days for the past few years
I would expect as you do that Port would go hard at Choppys kids

Are they in the Port NGA program? They won't be eligible for F/S and also won't be eligible for NGA until pick 40 if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back