Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a free to Prestia, wasn't a 50m penalty either, Prestia's free should have been reversed for dissent. Move on.
Move on? Are you kidding? Pump this controversy up FFS. It's keeping us out of the media at the moment.

Yep - looking forward to common sense being the new norm for umpiring. Just googling common senes in the AFL rule book and can't find it yet. I like the call but it is wrong. We should run a poll on which player will be the first to yell 'common sense please' at an umpire.
What drives me mad is the insistence of blowing the whistle when the infringement has nothing to do with the play. There was an instance last night where the Richmond player fired out a hand ball to a running player and got slight contact above the shoulder. Richmond were away but the ump blew the free and brought the ball back. Just let the game flow.

What drives me mad is the insistence of blowing the whistle when the infringement has nothing to do with the play. There was an instance last night where the Richmond player fired out a hand ball to a running player and got slight contact above the shoulder. Richmond were away but the ump blew the free and brought the ball back. Just let the game flow.
Usually call advantage. Umpiring is a shambles and the AFL need to sort it out. It is affecting attendances despite Gilligan's denial. People just find it so frustrating to watch.

Over officious umpiring to technicalities is a significant problem.

It is far more significant than the umpire dissent stuff.

60 free kicks in the game last night.

They either change the rules or emphasise different parts of different rules.

Which becomes problematic when you have a very officious umpire who pays to the letter of the law and then one who doesn’t and probably has a better feel for the game.

It is a mess of confusion and more rules and more interpretations is not the way out of it.

Over officious umpiring to technicalities is a significant problem.

It is far more significant than the umpire dissent stuff.

60 free kicks in the game last night.

They either change the rules or emphasise different parts of different rules.

Which becomes problematic when you have a very officious umpire who pays to the letter of the law and then one who doesn’t and probably has a better feel for the game.

It is a mess of confusion and more rules and more interpretations is not the way out of it.
I saw a replay of that "prohibited contact" free against Motlop. If the umpire honestly believed that was an infringement he has no place umpiring at any level above under 6s. The Motlop touch occurs in every game, in every contest, probably 300 or more times per match. If that is what a free kick is these days then football no longer exists.

Three umpires are on the ground. Neither of the other two told their mate he'd made an error. That means they all made an error.

And that is what happens every single game, day in. Day out.

Less tiggy-touch-wood please.

What's happened to the kid from Geelong that tore us up and everyone was crowning him the next big thing

Was he dropped immediately afterwards and hasn't played an AFL game since ?

What's happened to the kid from Geelong that tore us up and everyone was crowning him the next big thing

Was he dropped immediately afterwards and hasn't played an AFL game since ?
Played the next week and was then dropped.

Ben Brown is not worth 700 x 4 years.

What ? He just had his second disposal into the third quarter . He’s a gun , Browns is and always will be a shitmen .
One decision the bloke that walked got right. Not the trade, the decision not to pay the amount. Could have got a bit more. Glad he’s not a roo for that price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB is an absolute passenger.
Imagine if we had paid him the reported 750/800k he was asking the media roasting would have come at the rate of knots.

Furthermore Larkey would come close to kicking a tone playing in Melbourne’s team.
******* tree hugging flog with his radicalised wifey. I was on the point of marketing in early 2020. When I heard what I heard, Im wrapt those seaweed *s are gone.

Ben Brown is not worth 700 x 4 years.

Agree. But he's worth more than we traded him for.

The only teams to play us this year and win the next week are Hawthorn and Carlton. Must be our intense physical pressure that they can't recover from within 7 days.

Agree. But he's worth more than we traded him for.

The only teams to play us this year and win the next week are Hawthorn and Carlton. Must be our intense physical pressure that they can't recover from within 7 days.
We traded him for the best offer because we didn’t want him.

iMO, If he was at nm in our situation tonights game would be his standard.
He was wand will never be the difference between winning and losing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back