Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dees lost 6 of 10, they are struggling

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They don’t look hungry to me.

A few blokes think they can just turn up and they will win the flag.

Last year they were laser focused on their structures and making sure everything was set up perfectly. Bit of laziness has crept in this year.

But saying that when it’s finals time, if they sharpen up and get on a roll, they will be hard to beat.

flojo

All Australian
Jul 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting set up Collingwood have going on. Moore & Howe as KD’s. Mihocek & Cox/Cameron up forward. Not exactly land of the giants. The set up seemed to throw Melbourne. Did I hear no intercepts for May and Lever?
No intercepts in the D50... for the last quarter maybe?? I definitely saw May earlier in the game.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are on a run of 11 close wins. It’s hard to know how they will react if they actually lose one?

I remember when we won 9 straight, and looked unstoppable and then lost one and fell in a massive hole.

They are running on confidence at the moment. It will be interesting to see how they go if it gets a bit of a dent?

Our most important players got injured.

Collingwood have just won 11 in a row and have done the reigning premiers twice...I spose you’re right though, they haven’t shown bounce back off a loss, but I reckon most teams will bounce back from a bad loss, but they’re up every week, they had to fight for the win tonight. Melbourne weren’t bad at all but the Magpies were red hot.

I rather be wrong and Collingwood s**t themselves come finals but to me it looks like they’re up for it

Surely blockbuster/nailbiter fatigue will catch up with Collingwood come finals. It happened to us in 2012 and Richmond in 2014.
They have straight sets exit all over them.

And here we are twiddling our thumbs and swinging our utensils dreaming of ever finishing in the top 2.
It’s kind of depressing seeing the richest club in the land succeed when 12 months ago they were no better than us and has just replaced a coach. We were meant to be a year ahead in development. But now we look like we have more issues than ever before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have really enjoyed watching the pies live, it’s crazy because they don’t seem to never stop running and they just apply like manic pressure throughout the whole game.

Heard many times this year how it takes 10 years to go from the bottom to the top. Yet the Pies have gone from 17th to 2nd in 20 games with only adding N.Daicos and a new coaching panel.

There squeezing every last drop out of guys like Pendlebury and Sidebottom, as they should.

pendlebury is still absolute class. looks like he's got heaps left in the tank too. phenomenal footballer
I'm a one-eye Roos supporter but can still appreciate a gun opposition player. Pendles is a superstar!

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Heard many times this year how it takes 10 years to go from the bottom to the top. Yet the Pies have gone from 17th to 2nd in 20 games with only adding N.Daicos and a new coaching panel.
Darcy Moore also said last night that theyve been much less disrupted this season by injuries to senior players.

Mostly coaching, though. On paper you wouldn’t expect to see a team relying on Murphy, Ginnivan, Johnson/Henry, McCreery, Carmichael, Bianco, Lipinski and so on winning anything like this number of games against strong, seasoned opposition.

Darcy Moore also said last night that theyve been much less disrupted this season by injuries to senior players.

Mostly coaching, though. On paper you wouldn’t expect to see a team relying on Murphy, Ginnivan, Johnson/Henry, McCreery, Carmichael, Bianco, Lipinski and so on winning anything like this number of games against strong, seasoned opposition.
They're playing like we did in the 90s.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he’s a flopping flog.

I must admit he doesn’t flop as much as he used to, but he still is prone to staging.
Hmmmm……I reckon there aren’t many that are harder at the ball than CO. Viney pretty tough, but I reckon Clayton has him covered for ability in the contest. He’s an absolute jet.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
pendlebury is still absolute class. looks like he's got heaps left in the tank too. phenomenal footballer
He’s a bit like Simon Black, in that he’s even better than people give him credit for. One of the best I’ve seen IMO. Just makes phenomenal decisions with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back