big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Kinda thought I explained myself quite well….and I think we only had 2 pics prior to JM. These picks are crucial and I think we’ve tried to be too smart too often. Pick the blokes who exude AFL qualities. Be cute later in the draft. There’s a reason why our skills are pretty ordinary.
Look, I know he's a whipping boy around these parts, but I reckon you've done Jack a disservice here.

Comparison of career stats is actually pretty good for Jack. He's the one with 41 games.

Screenshot_20220806-210301.png

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Look, I know he's a whipping boy around these parts, but I reckon you've done Jack a disservice here.

Comparison of career stats is actually pretty good for Jack. He's the one with 41 games.

View attachment 1468472
I’d luv it if Jack turns out a very good player. I was more just bemused at how these other blokes that look classy as, great builds and can obviously play, don’t get chosen earlier. Jack’s got obvious caveats, size and speed, that make me wonder what our blokes have been doing.
Been discussed before, but the Will Walker pick another, trying to be too cute. Taking blokes much earlier than they were ranked. Yes Will had injuries, but even fully fit I think too cute/clever a pick at the time.
Anyway, not meant as a full clip at Jack, more at our recruiting department choices.
Let’s hope our last couple of year’s choices, which appear solid, is the New North.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it's more coaching than recruiting, tbh.

Put Mahony into Richmond's system for three years and I reckon he has the same career as Cumberland to date, and vice versa.
Fair enough. I think Cumberland has that sweet left peg not many have though. Bit like Bailey Fritsch, weird no one picks these blokes till late.
Anyway, let’s hope the wheel turns with our coaching and system.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d luv it if Jack turns out a very good player. I was more just bemused at how these other blokes that look classy as, great builds and can obviously play, don’t get chosen earlier. Jack’s got obvious caveats, size and speed, that make me wonder what our blokes have been doing.
Been discussed before, but the Will Walker pick another, trying to be too cute. Taking blokes much earlier than they were ranked. Yes Will had injuries, but even fully fit I think too cute/clever a pick at the time.
Anyway, not meant as a full clip at Jack, more at our recruiting department choices.
Let’s hope our last couple of year’s choices, which appear solid, is the New North.
think we all would love it but at the moment he is tracking to eclipse bastinac and atley as the most vanilla 100 gamer in recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be very interesting to see how they assess that.
Would be nice if Callum Ah Chee was pronounced clinically dead in the doctors medical report.
4 weeks for Cripps.

Guys... calm down... I know many of you were concerned... but things are back on track:

"The AFL’s wealthiest club has revealed that the first six months of its financial year saw a further 28 per cent rebound in revenues to $31.57 million as it launched into the new season free of the COVID-19 restrictions which had weighed on the competition since 2020.

The jump was helped by extra sponsorship and corporate hospitality takings in the half-year to April 30, with the period covering four of the season’s 11 home games, up from three for the same period last year.

While earnings are weighted to the busier second half, the revenue jump put the Eagles back near the $32.7m the club took in for the same half year in 2019 on the way to a record $8m annual profit."

Guys... calm down... I know many of you were concerned... but things are back on track:

"The AFL’s wealthiest club has revealed that the first six months of its financial year saw a further 28 per cent rebound in revenues to $31.57 million as it launched into the new season free of the COVID-19 restrictions which had weighed on the competition since 2020.

The jump was helped by extra sponsorship and corporate hospitality takings in the half-year to April 30, with the period covering four of the season’s 11 home games, up from three for the same period last year.

While earnings are weighted to the busier second half, the revenue jump put the Eagles back near the $32.7m the club took in for the same half year in 2019 on the way to a record $8m annual profit."
So just two compo picks and a soft cap exemption for three year then?

Phew. Thank goodness. I was so worried about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back