Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Luke Beveridge’s comments about Adam Treloar lol is he serious?? “I don’t know how people can live with you, I don’t know how you can sleep at night [if you questioned Treloar’s quiet game last week]”. And they reckon the Scott brothers are sooks?

l posted this elsewhere but interested in other NMFC supporters thoughts...

This is from left field.....While watching both one sided prelim finals games l thought about coaches resting some of their players early, preparing them for the Grand Final and reducing the chance of them getting injured . If a team is so far in front towards the end of the final quarter like Melbourne and the Bulldogs were and unable to be beaten why not give the losing coaches the opportunity to conceed the game before the required end time. l know it might not been seen as the right thing to do but the whole winnning team could then be saved from the chances of injuries. Being 8 goal up with 5 minutes to play l cant see the losing team winning from there and it would naturally start with 5 minutes to go in the last quarter. We dont want players being injured in the final moments of the game and not being able to play in the Grand Final when there is nothing left to play for...especially when percentage is not an issue..

But what about my multi 😛

Just heard Luke Beveridge’s comments about Adam Treloar lol is he serious?? “I don’t know how people can live with you, I don’t know how you can sleep at night [if you questioned Treloar’s quiet game last week]”. And they reckon the Scott brothers are sooks?

Nah, I'm with Bevo.

There was a hit job on Treloar in the media during the week by Scott Gullian I think, because he had a bad final. Rehashing the Collingwood crap from trade period. If be stoked if Noble stood up for one of our players like that.

Nah, I'm with Bevo.

There was a hit job on Treloar in the media during the week by Scott Gullian I think, because he has a bad final. Rehashing the Collingwood crap from trade period. If be stoked if Noble stood up for one of our players like that.
Yeah, idk. If you told me that reaction was a defense of Adam Goodes dealing with the nefarious crap that was slung his way in 2015 it would seem fitting. A little OTT for directing at people who were wondering whether he was fully fit after a poor game.

I reckon Beveridge has a ginormous chip on his shoulder, did you hear his comments assuming everyone is going to be for Melbourne in the big dance? It’s like anyone who isn’t patting them on the back is deeply wrong and deserves a big eff off in his eyes.

Yeah, idk. If you told me that reaction was a defense of Adam Goodes dealing with the nefarious crap that was slung his way in 2015 it would seem fitting. A little OTT for directing at people who were wondering whether he was fully fit after a poor game.

I reckon Beveridge has a ginormous chip on his shoulder, did you hear his comments assuming everyone is going to be for Melbourne in the big dance? It’s like anyone who isn’t patting them on the back is deeply wrong and deserves a big eff off in his eyes.

Didn't hear the other comments, but I've noticed he's been playing the us against the world thing the whole finals series.

They've travelled all over Australia with different quarantine rules and you can tell he's using it with the players as motivation.

l posted this elsewhere but interested in other NMFC supporters thoughts...

This is from left field.....While watching both one sided prelim finals games l thought about coaches resting some of their players early, preparing them for the Grand Final and reducing the chance of them getting injured . If a team is so far in front towards the end of the final quarter like Melbourne and the Bulldogs were and unable to be beaten why not give the losing coaches the opportunity to conceed the game before the required end time. l know it might not been seen as the right thing to do but the whole winnning team could then be saved from the chances of injuries. Being 8 goal up with 5 minutes to play l cant see the losing team winning from there and it would naturally start with 5 minutes to go in the last quarter. We dont want players being injured in the final moments of the game and not being able to play in the Grand Final when there is nothing left to play for...especially when percentage is not an issue..
Brad Scott likes this

Nah, I'm with Bevo.

There was a hit job on Treloar in the media during the week by Scott Gullian I think, because he had a bad final. Rehashing the Collingwood crap from trade period. If be stoked if Noble stood up for one of our players like that.
Yeah I agree.

He used it to unite his team then called the people who started it a pack of s**t heads or wtte. He is a good coach on that level.

Having a massive chip on your shoulder is good for footy teams. It unites them against the rest of the world.

Didn't hear the other comments, but I've noticed he's been playing the us against the world thing the whole finals series.

They've travelled all over Australia with different quarantine rules and you can tell he's using it with the players as motivation.
They didn't let them train at Adelaide. how stupid was that. Might not work with a team like Port or St Kilda but the Dogs under Beveridge thrive on that stuff.

Nah, I'm with Bevo.

Agreed. I think the media were hunting for a story and used treloar looking down as a way to create some controversy.

It was a witch hunt and I'm glad Bevo spoke up.

NRL decided to play Storm ⚡ prelim same time as grand final.

Now any other year, fair enough, push your brand. Not in current situation Vlandys you goose. Hope Storm chase this one down 😡

Hopefully we get the win even if the ratings are appalling. Eyes on the prize.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a fair bit of its mind games, he likes to posture for the underdog status. he pretty much did the same modus operandus going into the port game, the whole, "oh we had a hard run , the SA government didnt let us train, Port would have to be red hot favorites " line. if it works good on him, but hardly anything new. really

NRL decided to play Storm ⚡ prelim same time as grand final.

Now any other year, fair enough, push your brand. Not in current situation Vlandys you goose. Hope Storm chase this one down 😡
Its been changed to the afternoon now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back