Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah.

I don’t get it.

Because it’s not like he’s vying to be our coach.

And he’s a s**t coach who’d be in charge of a plastic franchise.

The prospect of GWS and a competent coach is scary.

But Hird to GWS yeah I’d take that.

The AFL clearly committed to rehabbing his image.
Like I said - should never coach an AFL club again. Oversaw the greatest drug cheat scandal in AFL history - does not deserve a second chance.

Commentators carrying on about the dissent 50m against the Dogs, didn’t even mention one earlier against Mihocek which was even less demonstrative. Useless.

Labouring the point about senior player quality but Pies feeling the lack of Pendlebury and would be going even worse without Sidebottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goes to show what a disgusting, small time, regional organisation the AFL truly is and confirms that they knew what * were up to but kept quiet until they couldn't control what was coming to the fore.

Sure, Duck is a scumbag of a bloke, especially when it comes to his treatment of women, but this guy was involved in injecting young men with random s**t that could have long term health impacts. Utterly disgraceful that he could be allowed anywhere near a sporting organisation, let alone the one he tarnished so badly.

* the AFL.

The atmosphere has been flat for most games I reckon.

What ever happened to the roar of the crowd at the first bounce?
The atmosphere is flat as no one knows the rules anymore... The punters don't know whether to cheer or berate so they stay quiet..

The first bounce roar is now considered dissent towards umpires and Bard has worked his arse off to stamp it out of the crowd

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The atmosphere is flat as no one knows the rules anymore... The punters don't know whether to cheer or berate so they stay quiet..

The first bounce roar is now considered dissent towards umpires and Bard has worked his arse off to stamp it out of the crowd

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn't bother with watching the game so I can't comment on the umpiring of this match but going by what you guys are saying, it's just more of the same - heck, even Mav had a go at them. Honestly, I don't hate umpires - I hate the umpiring of AFL games and the interpretations (plus the shitty newer rules).

Footy is supposed to be tribal. It's supposed to be rough and ready - that why people like it. It is supposed to be a game of attack and a of defence. Scoring, and preventing your oponent from scoring without infringing on the player. But now we have "judgement" rules such as deliberate OOB, or "prior opportunity". However, in every game there are players who step the ball over the line without penalty, and there are frees against some blokes the instant a tackle is laid (coz the crowd call it) yet others can be spun 360 or more and there is nothing!!!

Throws.... That is just not footy. It's a skill but it is an abomonation.

And the "arms out" is dissent. Don't get me started.

I say dump about half of the rules, but enforce what's left rigidly and equally. No blind-eyes for stars of the game. Just even handed officiation and let everybody yell to their hear's content to barrack for their team. Sure, umps will make mistakes but if there is no obvious pattern to it a bit of yelling and carry-on won't ruin the game. It adds to the fun - at least if players and supporters recognise that it's not just blatant and always going one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back