Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched the first 3 or 4 minutes of the hawthorn game. It looked like another potential managed outcome for the bears but it appears that the brisbane love-child team will get rolled. As much as it galls me, I prefer that result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually a good question, Maverino.
I ask myself the same thing.
THere was a time when I loved the game, thought it was easily best sport on the planet. Free flowing, exciting, skilful. I watched as much as I could.
Now I watch North games, grr, and just bits and pieces. Would have watched 15 minutes of last night.
In it's prime, AFL footy had a handful of main rules - in the back, holding the ball, too high, running too far and so on. We could complain about decisions, but at least we understood them.
Now we have dissent, contact below knees, ruck nominations, stand rule, protected area, insufficient intent, front on contact, chopping of the arms, etc. Most of which have added nothing to the game and sought only to make officiating a dog's breakfast.
And we have one umpire who is clearly not up to the level being selected as a PR stunt.
And then Kingy on 360 during week says not enough teams are scoring from defensive kick ins, and AFL needs to do something about that. Why????
It's not the same game I grew up watching, sadly. But it's in my blood and so I keep watching, but not like I used to.
Weekend did nothing to change my mind... :(

Not in any formal way, but when you suddenly have 0 pushback the mental question of was that right alleviates, and what follows soon after is you stop questioning your judgement and stop caring about even making a mistake.

Mark my words, this is going to get worse.

Fans just don't just count, because no umpire would ever feel like fans aren't just always screaming - it is background noise in the end.
More utter tripe. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Like I said, its going to get worse.

Like I said, its going to get worse.
It has nothing to do with “push back” on the field. Nothing what so ever. The problems are all coming from AFL HQ and that stupid * Witt Scotts.

Your reasoning that players can influence the umpires is just stupidly pathetic.

It has nothing to do with “push back” on the field. Nothing what so ever. The problems are all coming from AFL HQ and that stupid duck Witt Scotts.

Your reasoning that players can influence the umpires is just stupidly pathetic.
Where is your evidence that these umpiring mistakes are from muppet face? Rule interpretations are widely spread to the teams and the journalists.

Its part of human psychology. I'm not going to explain it. If you think players arguing, complaining, saying that the umpire is wrong and explaining what happened does not provoke a level of decision accountability, then OK, you believe what you want.

Looking up other teams' ins and outs for tipping and saw this:

Ruckman Reilly O’Brien has given the Crows’ match committee plenty to think about too after accumulating 37 disposals, 42 hitouts, 11 marks, 13 clearances and a goal in the SANFL last week.

How's that for a stat line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back