Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Chris Scott already running the ‘it was accidental’ defense of Tom Stewart.

Chris Scott already running the ‘it was accidental’ defense of Tom Stewart.
Watched it a few times and he doesn't seem to raise his elbow. I think to a degree it was not intentional, but you are responsible for your actions, unless it is against NM, so he is gone.

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Phillips is tracking better and he hasn't played this year. That being said, judging players so early is a fools game.

Agree with the bolded, but it's also fair and necessary (at least in clubland) to make an assessment based on exposed form so far.

I've said it a couple of times now, but McDonald is probably the most overhyped young player in the comp, and he's been very disappointing so far in his career. This is what makes the constant comparisons to Phillips and criticisms as a result so bloody stupid.

Phillips is ahead without a doubt based on what they've both shown at AFL level. Do the draft again right now and I wouldn't have McDonald in the first 10 players taken.

We should be stoked with Phillips and not look back, but there appears to be an obsession with considering him a failed selection, and comparing him with a guy whose been underwhelming to say the least.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
He just fell off a cliff. To think he beat the Bont to win the Rising Star.
I think of that every time I hear draftees being judged against each other in their first couple of years.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RIP Neil Kerley

1656509939945.png

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Jeez brisbane getting the rub of the green up there.

Few obvious holding the balls missed, then pull some random s**t out of a stoppage
Yeah, but with this opposition, I’ll allow it.

One ump just completely shepherded Western player accidentally, knocked him over allowing his opponent to mark and goal.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne

One ump just completely shepherded Western player accidentally, knocked him over allowing his opponent to mark and goal.
Hipwood has gone and pushed him into the ump!

Even kingy had a dig at half time about it

Lion pushed the player into the ump - wonder if that is reportable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back