Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BREAKING: Luke Hodge confirms this will be his last year and will be taking up part-time coaching commitments with Brisbane in 2020.
BREAKING: Almost all part time coaching contracts have an out if the incumbent can secure a full time top gig. This doesn't take him out of the market in any way. Not sure I am interested in him tbh but there seems to be some love around.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
You should have stopped there; here's a list-

Unequal Draw
Fixturing fluff ups
Shanghai
Entertainment on GF Day
GF Tickets
Rule Changes
Standard of Umpiring
Score Review fluff ups
Criticism of Umpires
MRO
Tribunal
Food prices
Reserved Seating fluff ups
MCG as GF venue until the next Ice Age
State of Marvel surface
Roof open or shut
Seagulls on MCG
Ticketing website crashes
Favoured fixture- ANZAC DAY
Good Friday merry go round
AFLW
AFLX
NAB Cup
Air flight fluff ups

EDIT- I FORGOT ONE- deliberate OOB!

Edit- Feet in the back in a marking contest

I think thats about all...?

Some need to take a chill pill and walk the dog and get off this site for 5 minutes.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Darcy asking if this is communist China... No, it's not. It's simply the logical conclusion of anti free speech/expression sentiments becoming increasingly prevalent. I look forward to there not being much backlash to this, and then in two years time reading about supporters being banned from games based on what they've said about umps in social media posts.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I love it when my sports events become a police state, now you can't even boo, or jeer, or applaud the team you love more.

Its just shutup, buy a ticket, sit down and don't swear or say anything. Just watch.

Because everything is offensive, and big brother is watching you. Don't even manspread in your seats or we'll kick you out. How dare you call the umpire a flog, you're banned for life.

This is the future people ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

1560167234624.png

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will happily admit I'm wrong if given even a shred of evidence other than an unconfirmed report from a not unbiased source.

And I'll be over the moon if it does turn out to be false :)

It's absolutely the way we are heading now though, and if it wasn't for the fact that I've just become so weary of seeing the same patterns of thought control, played out mostly in the US, I'd be terrified.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
And I'll be over the moon if it does turn out to be false :)

It's absolutely the way we are heading now though, and if it wasn't for the fact that I've just become so weary of seeing the same patterns of thought control, played out mostly in the US, I'd be terrified.
Terms and conditions when you enter a ground for an AFL match require a person to conduct themselves in a certain way. If you break some of those rules, you can get thrown out. It's not about thought control, it's making it a comfortable place for other people to watch footy, too.

https://m.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Terms and conditions when you enter a ground for an AFL match require a person to conduct themselves in a certain way. If you break some of those rules, you can get thrown out. It's not about thought control, it's making it a comfortable place for other people to watch footy, too.

It's about both. The AFL has pushed hard to sanitise it's product since over Demetriou's and Gil's terms, and it's happening at an increasing rate with a few amazingly hypocritical exceptions.

(ii) make any recording or take any photograph of any person without the authorisation of that person

Guess that anyone that has ever taken a photo of the crowd at the footy should have been booted out.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
(ii) make any recording or take any photograph of any person without the authorisation of that person

Guess that anyone that has ever taken a photo of the crowd at the footy should have been booted out.
Don’t give them ideas!

I’m fine with efforts to improve behaviour and reduce actual abuse and vilification, but not so keen on AFL spies wandering around. Weren’t we doing ok with fans reporting issues if necessary? Also not comfortable with Matthew Nicoll pointing out a fan as though being called a bald flog gives him an Adam Goodes moment.

Don’t give them ideas!

I’m fine with efforts to improve behaviour and reduce actual abuse and vilification, but not so keen on AFL spies wandering around. Weren’t we doing ok with fans reporting issues if necessary? Also not comfortable with Matthew Nicoll pointing out a fan as though being called a bald flog gives him an Adam Goodes moment.

Point being that within the Ts&Cs there's a whole lot of stuff that gives the AFL the ability to eject fans. Things that people do EVERY game.

I am fine with trying to drive more clarity around what is deemed acceptable and what is not.

Employing outer party members to sit in the crowd is some crap straight outta 1984.

I await the time where as the governing body they try to shame the crowd into not Booing umpires, ever. Which of course people will take as an infringement on their rights and boo thm more.

What is the end game here? Stands full of fans who only applaude by clapping when the applause sign flashes on the scoreboard?

It's all about engineering the spectacle to ensure that it rates well in the target demographic.

The game is being Brad Scotted, tryna turn everyone into vanilla robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back