Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not much of a stretch to expect Clarko's brand of unsociable footy v Nathans match hardened warriors on the big Friday night stage, I might have a bet on the Hawks just for an interest in the game.
Ha ha, while placing my bet on Hawks at the TAB today, a Collingwood supporter told me Clarko was 10-1 in head to head v Buckley, so I went back and put it on again, I now have a healthy bank for Flemington tomorrow, thanks Clarko :thumbsu:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The whole thing was 'odd.' I want my 51 seconds back.
I didn't watch it and your warning is a community service.

The existence of the channel 7 logo was my queue to ignore.

This broadcaster is the greatest threat to football. They highly scripted previews, the (attempted) celebrity of their presenters and to quote Snake_Baker the "dysneyfication" of the game is repulsing those who used to consider Aussie Rules to be a sport.

Now they present these stupid "human interest" segments, and dopey dad joke player interactions, the carlton draft 10 questions (done in at least 10 takes going by the totally emotionless acting) and worst of all... F@cking Rompingwins and Richo, Ling, BT and that other bloke from Geelong who used to have a beard. Uuugggghhhhh!

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The ump called play on and the Hawks player did, in the process he brought the ball into play. That was the point when the clock re started.

All that time BT was whinging was before the ump called play on and according to the rules you posted the clock should have stayed off that entire time.

Thats wat I was screaming at the TV about ‘Shut up BT you don’t know the rules!!!’

Anyway, who did BT play for? Oh yeh that’s right

For a sharp footy mind, Bucks sure does get outmatched tactically a lot over the years.
Is he actually any good tactically? From all reports their marked improvement last year was more a result of a change in his attitude and man management style rather than any brilliant tactical shift.

Is he actually any good tactically? From all reports their marked improvement last year was more a result of a change in his attitude and man management style rather than any brilliant tactical shift.
I like to think he is pretty good tactically, as his views on the game are really spot on and quite intelligent.

No, beat the saints and we stay a game ahead of Hawfs. We want * and Port to lose. Need to win by 42 or more to get our % over 100

I meant in the long run. The more teams around us that lose the better our odds of finals. There are 10 teams on 24 to 32 points and had the Pies won there'd be one less.

I like to think he is pretty good tactically, as his views on the game are really spot on and quite intelligent.
I agree. IMHO he's the best coach in the business in terms of media performance - calls it as it is, avoids cliches and always offers good insight into the game. I'm just not sure that he carries that over to the coach's box on match day.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was like watching us on a bad day
Incessant turnovers
Highlight was WHE for the pies
20m out Dropped a mark by himself Then proceeded to hit the point post
Hawks are like a retirement home
Remember when they had skills, not any more

Make us look Top 4 easy

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Highlight was WHE for the pies
20m out Dropped a mark by himself Then proceeded to hit the point post

That bloke has flat out gone backwards.

I meant in the long run. The more teams around us that lose the better our odds of finals. There are 10 teams on 24 to 32 points and had the Pies won there'd be one less.
Yeah fair enough. From that POV the *-Cola game is tough to pick. Does a draw suit us? * probably have the slightly harder run home.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
>Borderling reportable
Roosey, mate, he jumped into his back side on and pushed his elbow/forearm into the back of his head.
McKernan?

Definitely needs to be in the book.

The umpires are adjudicating this Sydney vs * game in a very inconsistent way. Very inconsistent. They are making it easy for * by not paying frees against them no matter what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back