Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a staunch lot down at doggyland.

Weren't they saying it was isolation coupled with a breakdown in relationship that brought it about.

But now his captain doesn't trust him?

Maybe they should pick an angle and stick to it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have no doubt that Bont was reading a script. Probably written by Peter Gordon.

I get that I might be a bit too "old school" foir this "day & age", but that doesn't excuse it for me.

Gordon: Here Bont, just read this to the media (nudge, nudge.....wink, wink)
Bont: I get where you're coming from Peter, but I won't do that. He's my mate.

Bontempelli did it willingly.

After the whole malicious bullshit this can't be a surprise.

I'd think that Bont has pegged himself for media post footy. As such he'll say the things he's 'supposed to'.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I'd think that Bont has pegged himself for media post footy. As such he'll say the things he's 'supposed to'.

Would you throw your body in to the breach for a bloke like that?

I get that I might be a bit too "old school" foir this "day & age", but that doesn't excuse it for me.

Gordon: Here Bont, just read this to the media (nudge, nudge.....wink, wink)
Bont: I get where you're coming from Peter, but I won't do that. He's my mate.

But surely unbiased hard-hitting journos will do their research and ask Bont the tough questions, even bringing up his LT comments.

Someone like, say, Mark Stevens! :drunk:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But surely unbiased hard-hitting journos will do their research and ask Bont the tough questions, even bringing up his LT comments.

Someone like, say, Mark Stevens! :drunk:
Haaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard hitting. Good one.
stev.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Well, he gave his blessing to the Hub idea so once he has spoken, you must act.....

He'll end up making Kane Cornes look like Carl Sagan when he ends up hitting "media street".

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Well, he gave his blessing to the Hub idea so once he has spoken, you must act.....

If it was one of ours the North supporting "journos" would be clambering over each other to feast on the carcass.

Barrett would be typing through a coating of giz as soon as he received the tipoff.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Spider, I don't think it's any coincidence that no-one has posted in this thread for almost 2 days. Seriously, ^^^ that sight is making me dry reach!

Anyway, in an effort to move on:

Hunter gives up vice-captaincy after crash

Just four months after being appointed vice-captain of the Western Bulldogs, Lachie Hunter has volunteered to give up the job as the club continues to investigate his alleged booze-fuelled crash.

Volunteered lol

I have no doubt that Bont was reading a script. Probably written by Peter Gordon.

Doesn't matter. He's selling Hunter down the river.

It's fine to say all that to Hunters face in private but don't tell the rest of us. As people mentioned, would you put yourself on the line for that sort of leadership? I wouldn't.

Doesn't matter. He's selling Hunter down the river.

It's fine to say all that to Hunters face in private but don't tell the rest of us. As people mentioned, would you put yourself on the line for that sort of leadership? I wouldn't.

I agree. And I agree that it's almost as piss-poor as what he said about LT.

It's spineless leadership.

FFS just leave the guy alone.

Have another article about it, will post full if people are interested

Ben Cousins’ lawyer says premiership Eagle has fallen back into drug use as a way of ‘dealing with stress’

"The Brownlow Medallist appeared in Armadale Magistrate’s Court this morning charged with possessing methamphetamine following a night in custody after police allegedly found him asleep in East Victoria Park with a bag containing 2.5g of ice.
Cousins is also facing 13 counts of breaching a violence restraining order and one count of aggravated stalking, allegedly committed between April 2 and 15."

"Mr Tudori said Cousins had contacted a family lawyer. He said Cousins fell back into drug use “whenever there is a crisis” because it was a “comfort”.
Cousins’ lawyer revealed he had fallen back into using meth because it “is the way he deals with stresses in his life”."

"It would be argued that some of the contact fell under the parenting plan in place. But police prosecutors opposed bail, saying Cousins made 43 calls or texts to Ms Tinecheff on April 9, then 29, 12, 31, and 13, on other occasions, all which went unanswered."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back