Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremantle club president Dale Alcock donates house as incentive to keep Dockers members in 2020

Mark Duffield
The West Australian
Thursday, 21 May 2020

A $700,000 house donated by club president Dale Alcock will spearhead Fremantle’s “Forever Project” aimed at giving members incentive to stay and limit the debt it will incur from the coronavirus-ravaged 2020 season.
The Dockers, who fear that $60 million in projected revenue from 2020 will be ruined by the inability to play in front of crowds, will launch the project today and offer members options which will include entry to a $1 million Superdraw with 500 prizes, including the Apsley Estate house.
Members who commit their entire 2020 membership would also receive a 20 per cent discount in 2021, a freeze on membership prices for 2021 and 2022 and club merchandise benefits.

Chief executive Simon Garlick revealed the success of the project would determine the extent of the club’s debt.
He said that before the coronavirus crisis the club had budgeted to make $60 million from the season with 75 per cent of the money to come from memberships, match-day ticket sales, hospitality and sponsorships.
“The level of support the Forever Project receives from our members and supporters, or put simply every dollar of 2020 membership revenue we retain, could mean the difference between the club being saddled with millions of dollars of debt for years,” he said.
Club sponsors had rallied behind the cause with Toyota donating the second prize of a $17,000 car, Willie Creek Pearls donating third prize of a $16,000 necklace and the Good Grocer donating a year’s supply of groceries valued at $12,000.
Members can pledge their entire 2020 membership to the club with each $100 granting them a ticket in the draw; leave $100 with the club for one entry in the draw or donate their membership for a tax deduction.
Alcock said the club had received “wonderful support” from members so far and this was a call to arms.
“We want to leave it as long as possible before we are borrowing from the AFL and we really want to borrow the minimum amount possible,” he said.
“If our members get behind us now it will mean we come through this owing the minimum amount of money and the club can power ahead.
“That is why we are calling this our Forever campaign. Freo is going to be around forever.”
Fremantle supporter Steve Greenwood, pictured at left with Alcock and his daughter Ellie, gave the club’s Forever campaign the thumbs up after inspecting the first prize — the $700,000 house and land package in Perth’s south yesterday.

Greenwood, 57, said he had initially worried about being able to afford his 2020 membership. He and Ellie pledged 2020 support for the Dockers to retain a 15-year association with the club. “Both of us became members together when Ellie was four,” he said. “When I came out from the UK in 1991 I wasn’t following the AFL to start with but I ... got a free ticket to a Freo game and I was hooked. I have loved the club ever since.”
Greenwood labelled the Forever campaign and the $1 million prizes incentive for people to keep their memberships as a “wonderful idea”.
Ellie, 20, said she had no choice but to be a Fremantle fan when her father signed her up but wouldn’t have it any other way now.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

Fremantle club president Dale Alcock donates house as incentive to keep Dockers members in 2020

Mark Duffield
The West Australian
Thursday, 21 May 2020

A $700,000 house donated by club president Dale Alcock will spearhead Fremantle’s “Forever Project” aimed at giving members incentive to stay and limit the debt it will incur from the coronavirus-ravaged 2020 season.
The Dockers, who fear that $60 million in projected revenue from 2020 will be ruined by the inability to play in front of crowds, will launch the project today and offer members options which will include entry to a $1 million Superdraw with 500 prizes, including the Apsley Estate house.
Members who commit their entire 2020 membership would also receive a 20 per cent discount in 2021, a freeze on membership prices for 2021 and 2022 and club merchandise benefits.

Chief executive Simon Garlick revealed the success of the project would determine the extent of the club’s debt.
He said that before the coronavirus crisis the club had budgeted to make $60 million from the season with 75 per cent of the money to come from memberships, match-day ticket sales, hospitality and sponsorships.
“The level of support the Forever Project receives from our members and supporters, or put simply every dollar of 2020 membership revenue we retain, could mean the difference between the club being saddled with millions of dollars of debt for years,” he said.
Club sponsors had rallied behind the cause with Toyota donating the second prize of a $17,000 car, Willie Creek Pearls donating third prize of a $16,000 necklace and the Good Grocer donating a year’s supply of groceries valued at $12,000.
Members can pledge their entire 2020 membership to the club with each $100 granting them a ticket in the draw; leave $100 with the club for one entry in the draw or donate their membership for a tax deduction.
Alcock said the club had received “wonderful support” from members so far and this was a call to arms.
“We want to leave it as long as possible before we are borrowing from the AFL and we really want to borrow the minimum amount possible,” he said.
“If our members get behind us now it will mean we come through this owing the minimum amount of money and the club can power ahead.
“That is why we are calling this our Forever campaign. Freo is going to be around forever.”
Fremantle supporter Steve Greenwood, pictured at left with Alcock and his daughter Ellie, gave the club’s Forever campaign the thumbs up after inspecting the first prize — the $700,000 house and land package in Perth’s south yesterday.

Greenwood, 57, said he had initially worried about being able to afford his 2020 membership. He and Ellie pledged 2020 support for the Dockers to retain a 15-year association with the club. “Both of us became members together when Ellie was four,” he said. “When I came out from the UK in 1991 I wasn’t following the AFL to start with but I ... got a free ticket to a Freo game and I was hooked. I have loved the club ever since.”
Greenwood labelled the Forever campaign and the $1 million prizes incentive for people to keep their memberships as a “wonderful idea”.
Ellie, 20, said she had no choice but to be a Fremantle fan when her father signed her up but wouldn’t have it any other way now.
Probably a few Dockers players getting Dale Alcock Homes on the cheap, too.

Screenshot_20200526-182659_Herald Sun.jpg

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I see a Tippett like payout coming.

And magically it won’t be counted under the cap.
Of course it won’t. “Look these are unprecedented times. We have all had to adjust. Therefore, we have created a once off opportunity to offset the salary cap, and clubs can payout senior players in their last 2 years of contract without having to include it.” ......”Yes that is capped at 2 million”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back