Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Adelaide has gone from bad to awful to bad to worse the last few years.
Roo seemingly doing his best to destroy any goodwill people have towards the club, and I can only imagine what kind of damage he's caused internally.
You can’t coach that. It’s inherent in a team that has lost its soul.

Having said that, Roo will be wielding the axe and blaming others any week now I reckon.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can’t coach that. It’s inherent in a team that has lost its soul.

Having said that, Roo will be wielding the axe and blaming others any week now I reckon.

Absolutely the damage has been done to the psyche. They've experienced close on a decade of minor distracting scandals, punctuated by one of the biggest tragedies a club has ever seen, and they just haven't found a way to recover yet; instead they just keep courting outrage and apathy from the public which is just making things worse.

Sadly I think their position is fairly analogous to Carlton of recent years: they just have too many mentally cooked senior players, a lot of jaded youth, and then a batch in the middle who are just going through the motions. They need to start a serious cull and invest in energetic youths and refocus on their club culture. Sadly I think their current coach will ultimately be the one to start the changes and will of course fall victim to the short term pain caused by them. It's at the stage where that change has to occur though.

And on Roo, he's seemingly the modern day posterchild for past champion with more bravado than intelligence. He has a propensity for putting his foot in his mouth out of denial and spite of the circumstances

Don’t know why so many are so salty about a 50 against a Carlton player. After witnessing years and years of sh*t free kicks they got in front of that Social Club at Princes Park, long may they continue get get shafted.

If it was anyone but *, it would have been sweet to see that cost those campaigners the game.
Yes, this is true.

We are a fickle bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back