Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I said it in 2015 and 2016 - this side has a golden opportunity to achieve something great this year.
The competition is wide open and with so many fancy teams off the boil I don’t know what it will take for the *******s that represent our club to wake up and realize that they can achieve so much this year and beyond.

Kissed on the dick with the fixture thus far, I reckon Shaw would have had the week from hell after the sh*t we dished up Saturday. He senses it, he sees it and the 22 who take the field each week need to aswell.

As it sits tonight we have the chance to consolidate a top 4 spot tomorrow.

I’m expecting us to fu** it up the North way but we rarely play two bad ones in a row.
Whatever the tonic is to get this side to believe I’m praying Rhyce has it.
And * it up the North way we did🙇🏻‍♂️

The rule is actually 70m (re Betts Free against)

IMG-20200629-WA0049.jpg

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The rule is actually 70m (re Betts Free against)

View attachment 902838

The player played on and Eddie ran over from the mark to intercept. He wasn't standing in the protected area.

In this instance given the speed of the kick ins, it should have nothing to do with when the umpire calls play on, as soon as he's out of the square, he's fair game.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
What fresh hell is this?!

I imagine it was introduced with they changed the rule about kicking to yourself to restart play.

To stop oppoisition coaches parking players 10-15mm from each point post to prohibit the player from running out of the square.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cotchin saying some Richmond players will refuse to go to a hub if scheduled.

Good, Richmond have a list of 42 to pick from, otherwise forfeit.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What fresh hell is this?!
The 50 is from the mark which is 10m from the edge of the square and thats 9m from the goal line.

The play on occurs when the full back runs out of the square or if the ump calls play on because (just because).

Eddie took off when the full back started his run but before he crossed out of the square.

But the rule (2019 version anyway) says ALL PLAYERS must vacate the protected zone.

* had two inside that area.

Only thing is, i can't seem to find how that is supposed to be dealt with. Maybe someone here knows.

Anyway i couldn't really care about the Eddie Betts incident. I only want to know so i can recognise when the umps screw North with their interpretation of this rule.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cotchin saying some Richmond players will refuse to go to a hub if scheduled.

Good, Richmond have a list of 42 to pick from, otherwise forfeit.

Could struggle to get 25 players

RICHMOND will be without key defender David Astbury for at least a month after suffering cartilage damage to his knee in the loss to St Kilda in round four.

Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom under investigation for AFL COVID-19 rules breach
Collingwood faces the prospect of taking on Essendon without Steele Sidebottom, who is under investigation for breaking coronavirus restrictions. He was later driven home by police officers.

Michael Warner, Herald Sun
Subscriber only

Collingwood premiership star Steele Sidebottom faces suspension for breaching the AFL’s strict COVID-19 rules by visiting injured defender Jeremy Howe.

Sidebottom and another Magpie teammate Lynden Dunn have been interviewed by the league’s integrity unit and could be ruled out of the Magpies clash with Essendon on Friday night.

In further developments Sidebottom was found in Williamstown on Sunday morning by police and then driven home by the officers.

“Police officers located a 29-year-old man in Hanmer Street, Williamstown on Sunday morning 28 June just before 7.30am,” Victoria Police told the Herald Sun.

“He was not charged with any offence and after speaking to police was conveyed home.”

The AFL is hopeful of announcing a penalty for Sidebottom’s COVID-19 breach on Wednesday.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair bit of dog whistling in this. Driven home by Police. Was he lost?

He claims he cannot remember, so possibly yes.

Also Caro must be spewing she is on lockdown as this story broke.
Iam assuming she is on lockdown given the fact she didnt come out and criticise Steele and ST ($hit truck) Dunne as she felt obliged to do when larks and zurhaar had a few people round for a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back