Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know a footy journo in Sydney?

I’m happy to chip in $50 for them to ask Clarko what he thought of the new holding the ball interpretation? Lol

Bigfooty Fundraiser?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but how good is clayton oliver,

and his beautiful turnovers?
He's surely tanking for the #1 draft pick without realizing he is actually looking after us!

Somebody called him Loliver

He's surely tanking for the #1 draft pick without realizing he is actually looking after us!

Somebody called him Loliver

The last goal of the game came from a missed Oliver tackle that would have made Jamie Macmillan wince. And the turnover a minute or two before. Had an absolute stinker. Thanks Clarry!

Holding the ball.... GWS

What a lovely sound that has to it.

Enjoy feasting on a hot steamy one Clarko.
You're a funny guy

You've made numerous posts last year about how corrupt the AFL and its umpires are. And you are quite right to be concerned.

This past week, you've been provided with solid evidence of umpiring corruption but your first instinct to laugh at Hawthorn and say "up yours, Clarko"

See, that's how the AFL are able to get away with doing what they do. The AFL have the old "divide and conquer" down pat when it comes to the clubs. Nobody wants to rock the boat. Everyone sucks up to them, looking for favours or a handout. Don't criticise the AFL or umpires, or you will be punished. Don't suggest there is any corruption in the sport or you will be sacked like Richardson and Grant Thomas (from SEN).

Same goes with the fans. The AFL just make up the rules as they go along and fans just give oppo clubs the middle finger and hope their club isn't victimised... e.g. the Sydney COLA - first they giveth and then they taketh away and ban Sydney from trade period. Everyone else just laughs. Never mind that the whole thing was a disgrace: the COLA and the trade week ban.

Do you remember posting all of this after North's defeat at the Gabba in Round 18 ?

Well done AFL for engineering the result. Sport is corrupt.
If you seriously think their is no corruption in the AFL you are naive. Can you explain how a professional umpire blows his whistle, pays a blocking free kick and then mysteriously says I paid a mark? If it’s not cheating then is gross incompetence and it should result in Leigh Fisher first giving a please explain, followed by a career umpiring Auskick.
I had no illusions how corrupt this sport is when we copped this clown against St Kilda a few years ago.
In what professional sport does a bloke umpire a game where he had ex teammates playing.
If you have played footy you would understand how easily you become undisciplined when you clearly know you aren’t being allowed to play the game by some of the most inexplicable sh*t we have seen for a long while. You could tell last night by a lot of the reactions that the players knew that something was going on.
Alan Richardson summer it up perfectly last week. Some teams are umpired differently to others.
People seem to have glossed over the fact that the week he made those comments, was his last as a senior coach.
The AFL don’t like it when someone calls it as it is, a theatre sport contrived for the maximisation of profit.
If you read his comments as anything other than the sport is corrupt, then you are naive or is Alan wearing a tinfoil hat too?

You're a funny guy

You've made numerous posts last year about how corrupt the AFL and its umpires are. And you are quite right to be concerned.

This past week, you've been provided with solid evidence of umpiring corruption but your first instinct to laugh at Hawthorn and say "up yours, Clarko"

See, that's how the AFL are able to get away with doing what they do. The AFL have the old "divide and conquer" down pat when it comes to the clubs. Nobody wants to rock the boat. Everyone sucks up to them, looking for favours or a handout. Don't criticise the AFL or umpires, or you will be punished. Don't suggest there is any corruption in the sport or you will be sacked like Richardson and Grant Thomas (from SEN).

Same goes with the fans. The AFL just make up the rules as they go along and fans just give oppo clubs the middle finger and hope their club isn't victimised... e.g. the Sydney COLA - first they giveth and then they taketh away and ban Sydney from trade period. Everyone else just laughs. Never mind that the whole thing was a disgrace: the COLA and the trade week ban.

Do you remember posting all of this after North's defeat at the Gabba in Round 18 ?

Roosurgence id be looking at getting a restraining order out on old ‘bob’ . You’ve been getting followed around for at least a year 😬

You're a funny guy

So what’s your point?

Yes the AFL is a corrupt engineered sport. We have a FIXture after all and certain teams are given all the prime time slots to grow stronger.

My post was in reference to your coach acting like a sook because they weren’t getting holding the ball free kicks. He didn’t mention it for the state of the game, he was shitty that #freekickhawthorn seems to be a thing of the past.

So yes I found it very amusing that his team was shafted on the end of something he asked to be brought into the game. It was uncalled for, the game is no better for it. All they are doing is penalising players trying to make the play by winning the ball. If they want to clean up the game look at the illegal disposal, it’s the biggest blight on our game. If you aren’t flicking or throwing from a stoppage you are falling behind the rest of the competition.

I just think that maybe Clarko needs to stop thinking he is bigger than the competition and do what every other coach does, stfu or air your greviances privately to the AFL.

Anyone that thinks what we saw on the weekend was an improvement isn’t a football purist. It’s was an abomination. Just umpire the game correctly in the first place and it will sort itself out.

The search function is your friend :D:thumbsu:
I am a little flattered that you came all the way to our board to read my stuff. Because I haven’t posted on the main board at all this week.

You are either stalking me as suggested or a feeling a little offended about me getting joy out of Clarko having to eat a bit of a s**t sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back