Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What amazed me was the evenness of their performance. They all chased, tackled, harassed, spoilt, handballed quickly when under pressure, stood their ground, ran to provide an option.

St Luke of the West has certainly got them playing as a team.

Grudging admiration.:thumbsu:

As much as we hate the Braves getting media love, at this point you'd have to say they deserve it...

Yes and no.

The way they have been talked up, and about, for the last 2 years last night's performance should be the expectation.

Yet 'stuff dreams are made of' headlines etc.

Dogs overwhelmingly good. Just too intense for the Boos. Really dislike the style they play but they are certainly very good at it.

Hope the bigfooty dispute doesn't get into silly territory like it did with Hawthorn before they proved beyond doubt their approach had worked.

I hate the media obsession with the dogs but they have rebounded quicker than their peers (saints, dees) and just took apart last year's grand finalists on their own dung heap. Can't recall a dogs game where their effort could be questioned.

The constant brave thing was ridiculous but if we brought that commitment to the cause every week regardless of injury we'd be playing in Melbourne this week with the prospect of a week off.

Really dislike the style they play but they are certainly very good at it.

There are aesthetically pleasing styles of play and then there is whatever the f*** Western are doing.

Its not a flood its a swamp.

Hope the bigfooty dispute doesn't get into silly territory like it did with Hawthorn before they proved beyond doubt their approach had worked.

I hate the media obsession with the dogs but they have rebounded quicker than their peers (saints, dees) and just took apart last year's grand finalists on their own dung heap. Can't recall a dogs game where their effort could be questioned.

The constant brave thing was ridiculous but if we brought that commitment to the cause every week regardless of injury we'd be playing in Melbourne this week with the prospect of a week off.

Are a solid year behind in their rebuild.

Were up for a year longer, thus their dip was a year later.

Saints vs dogs next year will be interesting.

As for the Shemons, lol, are they really peers? They are probably closer to being Carlton's peers, as they never had an up to rebuild from, they just rebuilt from their rebuild.

There are aesthetically pleasing styles of play and then there is whatever the f*** Western are doing.

Its not a flood its a swamp.
Yeah. I get what they are doing but its ugly as *.

18 midfielders swarming the opposition and snagging goals eaither out the back or because of forward pressure. It's like army ants.

Generally when a team employs a new style it takes the comp a year or two to sort it. I am interested to see what the response to this is.

Yeah. I get what they are doing but its ugly as ****.

18 midfielders swarming the opposition and snagging goals eaither out the back or because of forward pressure. It's like army ants.

Generally when a team employs a new style it takes the comp a year or two to sort it. I am interested to see what the response to this is.

I wonder how well our run and gun style would combat it.

next week should show where they are at, they come up against a side they haven't beaten this year.

Yeah. I get what they are doing but its ugly as ****.

The response is breaking even around the ball with sheer quality, rather than numbers and then stretch them with quality talls up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1aahml.gif

Squibbed, or spent it before he earnt it?

Squibbed. It looked even worse from the regular tv camera angle. It was probably due to the Dogs' pressure in the passage prior to this moment as WC players had zero time and space until Darling found himself out on the wing as a perfect exit point. It looked terrible and I'm sure if he was one of our players we'd have him on the virtual scrapheap in reaction.

Squibbed. It looked even worse from the regular tv camera angle. It was probably due to the Dogs' pressure in the passage prior to this moment as WC players had zero time and space until Darling found himself out on the wing as a perfect exit point. It looked terrible and I'm sure if he was one of our players we'd have him on the virtual scrapheap in reaction.
It was the inverse jono brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back