Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson is a massive flog, but respect to him for telling the coaching staff not to drop anyone for him to have a farewell game and admitting he wasn't 100% so it wouldn't be fair on the rest of the team.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who gives a s**t about Gibson. At least we got Aaron black and Ayden Kennedy for him.

vj962rv_zpskdmmoinj.gif

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
"In the aftermath of Sir Bob Murphy announcing his retirement, several members of the Channel 7 commentary team will be following him into retirement stating that "it's just not worth going on".

Such a sad day, one that I doubt the AFL and the AFL media can truly recover from.

officialjc

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
sorry for asking but what is the song/music played as the players walk to their positions before the opening bounce for your etihad home games?

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"In the aftermath of Sir Bob Murphy announcing his retirement, several members of the Channel 7 commentary team will be following him into retirement stating that "it's just not worth going on".

Such a sad day, one that I doubt the AFL and the AFL media can truly recover from.

Will also be an outbreak of mourning amongst Melbourne's trendy idiot faux-footy fan community who all came out of the woodwork and decided they barracked for the brave little Dogs last year. I spewed in my mouth when Beverige gave him the medal, but am happy he never genuinely won one. Does this make me a really bad person?

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will also be an outbreak of mourning amongst Melbourne's trendy idiot faux-footy fan community who all came out of the woodwork and decided they barracked for the brave little Dogs last year. I spewed in my mouth when Beverige gave him the medal, but am happy he never genuinely won one. Does this make me a really bad person?

Makes you a champion.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
sorry for asking but what is the song/music played as the players walk to their positions before the opening bounce for your etihad home games?

It usually varies to go with the club's theme at the time. This year they've used this:

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets

No

No way. It was the best thing about the GF for me!

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
There was a moment on Grand Final day where I actually thought "good on them" about the Dogs. Old Lukey Boy's brave decision to hand over the medal was when I reverted back to normality.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It definitely does not. Just like it doesn't make me a bad person for laughing when dalhuas copped a boot to the mouth. Why? Because he ducks into tackles and tries to milk frees constantly. The media have decided that neither he nor mclean should cop the same stick that thomas gets despite ducking with a greater frequency.

Most memorable part of Kelly's career:

Thomas smashing him in the opening quarter of our semi final in 2014 and Kelly crying.

My daughter and I did the coin toss at Etihad a couple of years ago prior to the Cats v North game and as he shook my hand (on his milestone game) I said "G'day Noel!" (The Cats players tell the story that around their club he had an alter ego named Noel). He looked at me like I'd just said "f*** you c***!", totally agog.

My daughter and I did the coin toss at Etihad a couple of years ago prior to the Cats v North game and as he shook my hand (on his milestone game) I said "G'day Noel!" (The Cats players tell the story that around their club he had an alter ego named Noel). He looked at me like I'd just said "f*** you c***!", totally agog.
That's gold. Please tell me there's footage of this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back