Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need just, say, three threads?
1. Game Day threads, which are deleted once the next game day thread is created.
2. All other NMFC football and club related matters.
3. Miscellaneous thread for anything else?

Keeps it simple.
TBH threads that aren't about football or the board or its denizens should be moved to Lidge's Lounge.

Mods, shouldn't the above comments be in the random thoughts thread? This is the non north football discussion thread.

The Left v Right chat can continue in the random thoughts thread yes. This one's for footy chat related to other clubs.

I'll start.

How much trouble is Impey in?

He'd want to have his bicycle serviced for starters as he's unlikely to be driving for awhile. The fact he came out immediately to apologise for his stupidity would help as far as the courts go, but he's in some level of poo for sure.

The Left v Right chat can continue in the random thoughts thread yes. This one's for footy chat related to other clubs.

The bulk of the Left v Right shitfight has been moved to the Random Thoughts thread. Play on........

Might be time for a shakeup of the naming of the 2 threads? Always felt they were slightly ambiguous/slightly off.

Cheers Toes

I'll start.

How much trouble is Impey in?

I think I posted that yesterday. He should be genuinely stuffed! But the various precedents before him suggest otherwise.

Might be time for a shakeup of the naming of the 2 threads? Always felt they were slightly ambiguous/slightly off.

I thought those thread titles were bleedingly obvious even with the new adaptation.

I thought those thread titles were bleedingly obvious even with the new adaptation.

To me it's always seemed most logical to have all non North related SPORT in one thread, and other topics in the Random thoughts thread (I never really liked the "not worthy of a thread" part).

Everyone always finds a way to misinterpret the titles though, it's actually hilarious.

To me it's always seemed most logical to have all non North related SPORT in one thread, and other topics in the Random thoughts thread (I never really liked the "not worthy of a thread" part).

Everyone always finds a way to misinterpret the titles though, it's actually hilarious.
Id rather keep other sports out of the non-North Footy thread. Have an "other sports" thread as well as the random thoughts.

If people like dedicated cricket, olympics, world cup etc threads that's fine too.

How do you all feel about Petrie potentially lining up against the roos? would have to licking your lips at the possible Petrie v Goldstein dual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you all feel about Petrie potentially lining up against the roos? would have to licking your lips at the possible Petrie v Goldstein dual.
Dish is actually pretty decent as a roaming big man but he will get smashed in the hit outs. Roaming around the ground he will get more space than up forward so could have a better than expected impact.

With your midfield's ability to shark opposition ruckmen's taps whenever NicNat's absent, and Dish's ability to float forward and add an extra marking option to your already strong forward line, I doubt Petrie's presence will be an immediate cause to celebrate on our part.

Dish is actually pretty decent as a roaming big man but he will get smashed in the hit outs. Roaming around the ground he will get more space than up forward so could have a better than expected impact.
With your midfield's ability to shark opposition ruckmen's taps whenever NicNat's absent, and Dish's ability to float forward and add an extra marking option to your already strong forward line, I doubt Petrie's presence will be an immediate cause to celebrate on our part.
Dish.. dont know him by this name yet.

Interesting that you guys actually seem to rate him in this role. I was under the impression you lot thought he was completely cooked and justly offloaded ?

enhanced-buzz-wide-2183-1433786222-11.jpg

Interesting that you guys actually seem to rate him in this role. I was under the impression you lot thought he was completely cooked and justly offloaded ?
you got a bit of depth/insurance. he should be servicable if called apon for a little pinch hit.

As a forward he is totally shot but i reckon he does have some value as a big utility given it is less likely that he will be sat on all day

That opinion comes with the rider that he must of course find some semblance of his mojo, which was nowhere to be found in 2016.

We can hang as much s**t on him as we want amongst ourselves, because he's ours.

If someone else hangs s**t on him, we will hunt them down

That's how we roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back