Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight is a s**t timeslot. I'll be either half drunk before the first bounce or missing 10+mins of the second half because of dinner. Day match is so much better.
So because the Dogs/Giants prelim was such a good game we're going to have a twilight GF this year. Probably.
I sometimes think Gil is testing the football public to see just how stupid they are. Just tell us the truth Gil. You want a twilight Granny because THE BROADCASTERS WILL ****ING LOVE IT

This is a direct quote from Gillon this week:
"We will never put television interests ahead of the football and the match-day experience. We’re unequivocal on this - ”
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/b57864ce630c894eb629d49128265019

He is so full of s**t, and the media are too scared to take him up on it. No one likes the twitlight time slot bar twits at the broadcasters.

Last edited:
Carlton men's team just gave their AFLW team a guard of honour as they ran out onto the ground.

Am I the only one that feels this is a bit much? What have they done to deserve a guard of honour?

Carlton men's team just gave their AFLW team a guard of honour as they ran out onto the ground.

Am I the only one that feels this is a bit much? What have they done to deserve a guard of honour?
Auskickers do it at half time for every AFL team. What did Neeld's Demons do to deserve that?

They are Pioneers. :stern look

AFLW crowd at Princes Park tonight well down on last week.

That probably isn't much of a surprise.

Last week was buzz and novelty. It's going to take years of persistence for the AFL to make this work.

If the expansion is pushed out we'll find out how committed to it the foundation sides are.

Last week was buzz and novelty. It's going to take years of persistence for the AFL to make this work.

If the expansion is pushed out we'll find out how committed to it the foundation sides are.

I have a feeling that some of the foundation teams will get bored real quick. Collingwood, Carlton are just jumping on the latest novelty. It'll last as long as their soccer teams.

Footscray and Melbourne have been committed for a while. It'll be a much better comp in the long run when the frauds are weeded out and clubs that are committed to this, such as North Melbourne, are allowed in.

I have a feeling that some of the foundation teams will get bored real quick. Collingwood, Carlton are just jumping on the latest novelty. It'll last as long as their soccer teams.

Footscray and Melbourne have been committed for a while. It'll be a much better comp in the long run when the frauds are weeded out and clubs that are committed to this, such as North Melbourne, are allowed in.
For someone who cared and didn't know how Gill worked it would be impossible to imagine how our ongoing relationship with MUWFC couldn't get us in.

Yeah, the excitement will wear pretty thin fairly quickly.

Would be an interesting comparison to see the crowd attendance for the first AFL women's game versus the attendance for the first game that the GWS Giants had.

Would be an interesting comparison to see the crowd attendance for the first AFL women's game versus the attendance for the first game that the GWS Giants had.

38k vs Sydney
11k vs us (On the map)
6k vs? Blacktown

I'm not sure it'd be an Apples to Apples comparison.

GWS were s**t in the middle of nowhere,when not playing in the middle of nowhere it's actually the other clubs members you're looking at.

Think it'll be pretty mixed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time I checked you had to pay for the Giants games.
You forgot the part where the AFL paid for "supporters" to attend.

38k vs Sydney
11k vs us (On the map)
6k vs? Blacktown

I'm not sure it'd be an Apples to Apples comparison.

GWS were s**t in the middle of nowhere,when not playing in the middle of nowhere it's actually the other clubs members you're looking at.

Think it'll be pretty mixed.
The last of those 3 is what I remember as an average, albeit with people paid to attend.

Went to the Carlton v GWS game today. Lots of families and little kids. Warm day in the sun but nice in the White Elephant stand.
Drinks still in cans and the parking restrictions out in force! I felt there was more noise and more supporters for the GWS team than I've heard at their men's games.

What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room...

"Record suspension", it's been going 2 bloody weeks! Anything more than 1 is a record. They're desperate for it to all work with the amount of hyperbole being used.

Casey Cops Record Suspension

Magpie pays for huge hit
Just Now
meg-downie-getty-800.jpg

(Image: Getty)

Collingwood’s Sophie Casey has been handed a two-week suspension from the match review panel for her bone-crunching hit on Melbourne’s Meg Downie on Saturday night.

In a 7 game season, is probably akin to 6 weeks in a normal 22 game season.
If you look at it as "What percentage of the season do they miss" sure.

But the bans are calculated similar to the mens comp, the length of the season doesn't come into it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back