Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously? We cut Black. First game back, bang 4 goals. Meanwhile we got rid of Drew and Boomer, while Brown and Daw are recovering from leg amputations. FFS!
He would still be behind Waite and Wood and would likely prevent McKay getting a good run at it in the JLT.

Good luck to him. He needed a change of scenery.

Black performed like a limp jellyfish when at North even after injuries were remedied. There was maybe a period of 8-10 weeks in his whole time where he looked reasonable. He was paid $400K a year to fluff around in the reserves. I don't give a cr@p if we moved him on. I don't give a cr@p if he kicks 3 goals a game with Geelong.

People find any excuse to pot the club instead of looking at why we moved him on and who we have to replace him... and WHO replaced him...
You find any excuse to comment on other posters' posting habits and blindly defend every choice the club makes, in lieu of having any knowledge about the game.

Black performed like a limp jellyfish when at North even after injuries were remedied. There was maybe a period of 8-10 weeks in his whole time where he looked reasonable. He was paid $400K a year to fluff around in the reserves. I don't give a cr@p if we moved him on. I don't give a cr@p if he kicks 3 goals a game with Geelong.
Fair call. I had such high hopes for Black. But like some I will be pissed off to a degree if he steps up at the Cats. More pissed off with him than the club.

Thought most of his goals were very opportunistic.... Hard to be consistently opportunistic in the season proper!

That is how most of his goals were for us, with the occasional goal from a lead and uncontested mark. He will suit a team and gameplan where there is space in the forward 50 and the ball comes in quickly. He was good for us when we played like that, not so hot when we went ultra defensive and crabbed the ball around the boundary line.

Irrespective of our gameplan changes, we didn't handle him very well. Playing him when his shoulders were bung because we lacked better options was poor player management and frankly he has just been one in a pattern of many players that has been handled poorly. Everyone makes mistakes, it is part of life, I am just not sure how well we learn and respond to those mistakes. Our player development from recruitment to early exposure seems okay, but seems to plateau and stagnate at too low a standard.

Fair call to question our player management but i'll leave that to others.

Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery just like we got Dal, Higgins, Waite, (Williams, Horvat).
Or depending on the clubs needs or numerous options in the same position.

If Black has success at the Cats good on him. It doesn't necessarily mean we failed him. It's what suited both clubs and himself at the time.
Just like it suited Horvat coming to North.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You find any excuse to comment on other posters' posting habits and blindly defend every choice the club makes, in lieu of having any knowledge about the game.
That is how most of his goals were for us, with the occasional goal from a lead and uncontested mark. He will suit a team and gameplan where there is space in the forward 50 and the ball comes in quickly. He was good for us when we played like that, not so hot when we went ultra defensive and crabbed the ball around the boundary line.

Irrespective of our gameplan changes, we didn't handle him very well. Playing him when his shoulders were bung because we lacked better options was poor player management and frankly he has just been one in a pattern of many players that has been handled poorly. Everyone makes mistakes, it is part of life, I am just not sure how well we learn and respond to those mistakes. Our player development from recruitment to early exposure seems okay, but seems to plateau and stagnate at too low a standard.
Wish I could like twice.

I'm buying Dees hype this year. Lot of talent on that team especially in the middle with Vince, Jones, Lewis, Brayshaw. Brayshaw, Petracca and Hogan should all take the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back