Oppo Camp The non North thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fly under the radar must be the quote of the day,

healy you dope, sydney flying under the radar? have you not been watching the same season as the rest of us?

Sydney are deserved flag favourites.
Agreed :thumbsu: they have added an offensive streak to their game, after years of struggling to watch them im actually enjoying how they play this year. Lewis jetta is an excitement machine.

Notice Koby Stevens in green vest again today, does anyone know why he barely gets a chance at west coast? did he shag wooshas daughter or something?
Should we offer him a chance at North next year?

Agreed :thumbsu: they have added an offensive streak to their game, after years of struggling to watch them im actually enjoying how they play this year. Lewis jetta is an excitement machine.

Notice Koby Stevens in green vest again today, does anyone know why he barely gets a chance at west coast? did he shag wooshas daughter or something?
Should we offer him a chance at North next year?

Something to do with his tank i think?

Yeah, but they have enough winnable games, and they have a far superior percentage. 12 wins will probably get them in, that means we need Geelong to miss and get 13 wins.

I know, hence the sad face.

They're a pretty ordinary side, would be disappointed to finish behind them.

I know, hence the sad face.

They're a pretty ordinary side, would be disappointed to finish behind them.
Yeah, fair enough.

In the end we only have ourselves to blame if we miss out.

On the bright side, if we do make it, it will mean our form is strong enough that we could do some damage.

As long as we dont finish 9th again :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo makes his All Australian team:

B: Grant Birchall, Darren Glass, Brent Reilly
HB: Heath Shaw, Ted Richards, Beau Waters
C: Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Trent Cotchin.
HF: Dayne Beams, Lance Franklin, Lewis Jetta
F: Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Cyril Rioli
Foll: Dean Cox, Scott Thompson, Gary Ablett
Inter: Sam Jacobs, Scott Pendlebury, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood

Riewoldt!?

Lindsay can get Rioli.

One of the very few matured bodied sides in the competition.

They have everything. Very good key defenders in Richards and Grundy (and a decent one in LRT), close to the best small defender in the comp in Smith, solid rebounding half backs in Shaw, Malceski and sometimes Mattner, plenty of inside grunt (Jack, Parker, Bolton, Kennedy, Hanneberry), outside class/run in Jetta, McVeigh and again Jack, ruck depth and a reliable small forward in McGlynn.

They also have a couple of very handy utilities on O'Keefe and Goodes, and while their weakness is probably the lack of a consistent key forward, they get a lot of goals from their midfielders and can always throw Goodes into the square.

To top it off they are well coached and the most disciplined team in the league.

I think Jetta has especially been underrated. He's kicked as many goals as Dish. Confidence and the right mental space is still the most key ingredient in an AFL footballer. He couldn't buy a goal last year.

I think Jetta has especially been underrated. He's kicked as many goals as Dish. Confidence and the right mental space is still the most key ingredient in an AFL footballer. He couldn't buy a goal last year.

This goes back to what I have stated umpteen times.

Why have the Swans and Pies kids hit the ground running?

Because they have the necessary mature bodied experienced players supporting them.

I'd still like us to make a play for one in the off season.

This goes back to what I have stated umpteen times.

Why have the Swans and Pies kids hit the ground running?

Because they have the necessary mature bodied experienced players supporting them.

I'd still like us to make a play for one in the off season.

What Swans kids? Oldest team in the comp. Will play on the G in Sept and get ripped apart.
Yesterday was their single win of merit this year. Seriously.

What Swans kids? Oldest team in the comp. Will play on the G in Sept and get ripped apart.
Yesterday was their single win of merit this year. Seriously.

Your's and Tef's posts are not mutually exclusive. The kids are Jetta, Hanneberry, Rohan, Parker. May be a couple of others I've forgotten. Tef would argue that those kids have played better sooner because they are surrounded by mature-bodied players, ie they are part of the oldest team in the comp.

Hawthorn in Tassie?

Hawks were terrible and coming off a loss at Subi in a monsoon.

Adelaide beat them at home. They scraped past Freo at home. Beat us by 25 and we were rubbish. Richmond flogged them shitless at the G. Essendon played 30 minutes and made up 40 points to lose by a kick. St Kilda got them by 6 goals. Beat a battling Geelong by 1 goal at home.

Theyre on top and there are two games you can point to that have been genuinely impressive.

Your's and Tef's posts are not mutually exclusive. The kids are Jetta, Hanneberry, Rohan, Parker. May be a couple of others I've forgotten. Tef would argue that those kids have played better sooner because they are surrounded by mature-bodied players, ie they are part of the oldest team in the comp.

Rohan is injured and did little when he wasn't. Parker isn't playing. Jetta is 23. Hannebery is a good player.
Don't let Healy fool you. It is Paul Roos footy except they've obliterated Melbourne, Dogs and GWS x2 by a total of a about 400.
Hugely overrated. Collingwood will destroy them in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back