The North Nanna

Remove this Banner Ad

Arch

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2000
The Pub.
Im posting this on behalf of a freind of mine who wanted to know whatever happened to the North Nanna who used to get all the tv airtime whenever the Roos kicked a goal. Mainly during the 96,97 time, she was on all the footy promos and appeared to be propped up in the North cheer squad in her same place every week, going nuts. We called her the North Nanna.
Does anyone a) Know what the hell Im talking about.... and b) know what happened to her as we never seem to see the North Nanna anymore on tv.

cheers
A.

If you're talking about who I think you are talking about, her name is Adrianna (she looks like Sybil Faulty in Faulty towers), I used to sit near her, she had 2 daughters (brunettes) that always wore short shorts in Summer and had mouths like a trooper!

She didn't sit with the cheer squad, her and her pose had reserved a few rows in bay 15.

I could go on, but one of her daughters got married and lost interest in footy, the other daughter followed suit and so did Nanna.

Although there IS another Nanna who stands behind the cheer squad, I can't think of her name right now, she's much older (I'd say around 80) and carries on like a 2 bob watch.

I remember her telling Greg Miller when she dies she wants her ashes thrown across the Arden Street oval.

[This message has been edited by Malibu (edited 09 April 2001).]

I have been told that Adriana does not go to football any longer because she had a nervous breakdown. I also have been told as mentioned by Malibu that one of her two daughters stopped going to the footy since being married. They both need a foot up the bum.

Spidey, the Nanna didn't wear the footy **** shorts, the daughters did!

I'm sure if Adrianna wore the short shorts, she'd clear out the whole of the Southern Stand!

Originally posted by hotham:
I have been told that Adriana does not go to football any longer because she had a nervous breakdown. I also have been told as mentioned by Malibu that one of her two daughters stopped going to the footy since being married. They both need a foot up the bum.

Hotham, I have this strange feeling that I may know you.......

Doesn't Nanna play for North ? She wears number 2
biggrin.gif

She's probably faster and got more guts than the guy pretending to be a footballer.

------------------
"FIGHTING WITH ALL OUR MIGHT"

Originally posted by choppy:
She was a nutter wasn't she.

How the hell could she lose interest.
Perhaps she is what we are missing. Bring back Nan

Too right Chopper, if the North Nanna doesn't come back we need another spokesperson.
Take the Bluebaggers for example with 10 tonne Barb...hey, she's got a head like a burnt thong but boy she gives them some free publicity!

Originally posted by Malibu:

Hotham, I have this strange feeling that I may know you.......

Hey, Malibu

That would be pretty funny !!!!!!!!

I assume that we are all talking about Adriana (who looks like a cross-dresser with an orange face). The other woman that Malibu mentioned is Pam and the important thing to remember is how much she hated the idea of a merger with Fitzroy. You should see her when she's had a drink!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes I know the one, we also called her custard woman, that foundation she wore was like either custard powder or those bronzing tablets that used to be around in the 80's that turned you yellow. She was a real pain in the ring!

------------------
Why not promote Mark "Bomber" Hilton to the senior list? :D

It was the proper TV makeup she used, she used to sit there and look at herself in her mirror each quarter. She told me one day that when she and her daughters did their shopping at Chadstone, they would regonise them and offer her 25% discounts at some of the shops. You watch she will still be sitting at the fence when we get into the finals.

HEY! Hotham, I'm not 'that' funny.....to look at anyway!
wink.gif

No insult intended. I meant it would be funny if we knew each other.

I know Hotham, just pulling ya leg.

Hey Daph, I saw her at Northland one day, I swear she had the t.v. make-up on while shopping.

She didn't attend the finals last year (the daughters did thou), I doubt she will this year either.

Originally posted by Daphne:
So what the daughters didnt marry a footballer, I would have sworn that they both wanted one. Matty Armstrong comes to mind.

One of them was hullacinating that she was going out with Matty Armstrong, she told a friend this while lining up for Grand Final tickets (now wouldn't you think that she wouldn't have to line up if she was going out with him?), also Matty had and still has the same girlfriend from what I know as is very happy.

As for the other one (I like to call her drop out perm), whenever I saw her at a pub orclub and there was North footballers there, she'd stand in the corner swaying after 1 too many scotch and cokes and wouldn't go near the footballers.

MEOW!!!

As for the other one (I like to call her drop out perm), whenever I saw her at a pub orclub and there was North footballers there, she'd stand in the corner swaying after 1 too many scotch and cokes and wouldn't go near the footballers.

MEOW!!!

Where do I find myself one of these babes?
tongue.gif

You could probably find one of them on a street corner in a dodgy neighbourhood! Malibu is right - they never go near the players when they are out at night, yet they think that they are going out with them - weird!!
Did anyone see them on TV at their home one night? I don't remember the show (The Footy Show?). Talk about embarassing, they gave all North supporters bad names and I got bagged heaps at work.

I'm spewing I missed that episode, wasn't it 4 quarters or one of those bad C7 football shows?

Just think, North Nanna would of had to use double the amount of TV make-up for that episode!

Someone on the Roos Forum has claimed to of seen the 'North Nanna' at family night! Can anyone back this up?

I only spotted 'Pam' the old(er) timer North Nanna.

if this is the same "north nanna" i am thinking of, it was definately the footy show that she appeared on with her daughters - two years ago now, i think. she used to sit on the wing (closer to the southern stand 50 m arc)all the time. apparently she is a full on foul mouth and her husband refuses to sit next to her (he sits a few rows behind). at my place we refer to her as "Corey's Grandma" because she wears 31 on her guernsey, and have been wondering what had happened to her!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back