Rumour The North Ultimatum

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
You really think that Geelong will beat the line of 56 points? The margin doesn't go above 30 at any point this week.
I will be happy to put $20.00 that they will win by 72points plus...Dangerfield back will be keen to kick a few and Hawkins the primma donna likes nothing more than beating up on kids. How he is even playing this week is a disgrace. He should be out for 4 weeks with that elbow. Does it all the time.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
so if china bought out the wallabies you'd support the china wallabies if they still played half their games in Australia? other than supporting a soulless shell of a team you'd also be a treasonous campaigner.

the difference is plenty and i've made it clear why.

....not to mention that fact that it's made known tassie want their own team, not only will most melbourne based members leave but the tassie membership won't make up nearly the same members lost. tassie is also growing at a significantly smaller rate to melbourne, the market growth for a melbourne team is so much higher than tassie it makes no sense to move.

No arguments to relocate north in this thread make any sense, they're all based on factually incorrect information and assumptions.
Well souless supporters would match the way the Wallabies play. Couldn't care if they played in Antartica. Not worth watching. Union is all but dead in this country.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
so if china bought out the wallabies you'd support the china wallabies if they still played half their games in Australia? other than supporting a soulless shell of a team you'd also be a treasonous campaigner.

How is China buying out the Wallabies and making them their team in anyway a sensible comparison to North getting relocated to Tassie or possibly Canberra? You actually might have shitpost of the year stitched up with 8 months left to go.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Glad to see that you value things like history and tradition.
Pro tip- looking up what those words mean will help your reply

Loyalty means more to me than history and tradition

Maybe you can look that one up too as you seem to struggle with the definitions of simple everyday words

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How is China buying out the Wallabies and making them their team in anyway a sensible comparison to North getting relocated to Tassie or possibly Canberra? You actually might have shitpost of the year stitched up with 8 months left to go.
How isn't it? It's the relocation of a the Wallabies, it's identical.

If you don't understand the comparison then I couldn't care less if you think it's s**t post of the year, your an idiot to begin with.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
How isn't it? It's the relocation of a the Wallabies, it's identical.

You're talking about a country that is hostile to Australia, buying out the Australian RU team and relocating it to Beijing, in comparison to your local footy team potentially being relocated from Melbourne to Tasmania or somewhere else, and you think they're identical in any way whatsoever.

Okey dokey matey you do you.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're talking about a country that is hostile to Australia, buying out the Australian RU team and relocating it to Beijing, in comparison to your local footy team potentially being relocated from Melbourne to Tasmania or somewhere else, and you think they're identical in any way whatsoever.

Okey dokey matey you do you.

you could replace china with any country in this scenario, the concept is the same, it's only the scale that's different. just because china is 'hostile' to Australia doesn't make my argument any less valid.

lets make it closer to home for you so you might be able to grasp the concept, like the moron freo poster....port gets relocated to tassie and becomes to tassie power, you're going to still support them?

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
China ?

You’d better ask a Port fan that one

If Freo moved to Albany but were still going to play in Perth a handful of times a year I doubt we would lose many fans at all

Unless your an avid training watcher what difference would it actually make to you if North were based in Tassie or Arden St beside a few less live games a year if the Name ( Roos ) and the jumper were pretty much the same

I wouldn’t turn my back on them and a couple of Tassie/Albany trips a year would be fun anyway

i'll make it simple for you, you'd still support the tassie dockers if freo were relocated to tassie?

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I will be happy to put $20.00 that they will win by 72points plus...Dangerfield back will be keen to kick a few and Hawkins the primma donna likes nothing more than beating up on kids. How he is even playing this week is a disgrace. He should be out for 4 weeks with that elbow. Does it all the time.
Did my $20.00, but have more than made up for it by backing them over the line against the Dogs and others.
The game yesterday was a disgrace. North parking the bus and flooding trying to score on the break, are soccer tactics, and not sustainable.
If Geelong believes they are going to challenge this year, then they are kidding themselves. Worst game I think I have seen from them for 3 years.
Fremantle to smash North by 55+ points on prime time TV on the weekend.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Did my $20.00, but have more than made up for it by backing them over the line against the Dogs and others.
The game yesterday was a disgrace. North parking the bus and flooding trying to score on the break, are soccer tactics, and not sustainable.
If Geelong believes they are going to challenge this year, then they are kidding themselves. Worst game I think I have seen from them for 3 years.
Fremantle to smash North by 55+ points on prime time TV on the weekend.
Next time you should put more money on it as you seem an absolute astute punter. Your losses cant run forever.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

the difference is plenty and i've made it clear why.

....not to mention that fact that it's made known tassie want their own team, not only will most melbourne based members leave but the tassie membership won't make up nearly the same members lost. tassie is also growing at a significantly smaller rate to melbourne, the market growth for a melbourne team is so much higher than tassie it makes no sense to move.

No arguments to relocate north in this thread make any sense, they're all based on factually incorrect information and assumptions.

if the market for a melbourne team is growing, then what does that say about north's average crowds shrinking every year for the past 5 years? their market share is shrinking and they're becoming irrelevant?

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Backed Dogs at 72+ and very happy with the return. Should I put $20.00 on Norf winning a game this year?? Prefer a 40/1 at Sha Tin ahead of Norf winning a game.
Big chance we'll knock your mob off😉

I wouldn't be spruiking if I were you. Carlton are poo once again

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny how North fans talk themselves up as ‘ the most loyal and passionate fans in the comp ‘ but all you hear is how all these fans will be lost to the game if the club moves 1 hour south

Weak as piss really

Yeah their supporters will be keen to travel over the ocean to watch their team play.

Seriously WTF is this comment

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if the market for a melbourne team is growing, then what does that say about north's average crowds shrinking every year for the past 5 years? their market share is shrinking and they're becoming irrelevant?

the afl system is designed to have the big team get larger and richer while the smaller ones get smaller. pretty simple really. all media is focused on about 3 clubs, they get the best game time slots, all the marquee games, all their best players are in the media awards such as AA and rising star noms etc etc. these clubs are expanding, the Melbourne market is growing, you can't say it isn't.

the past 5 years north hasn't been contending, and instead of getting a few scraps of the odd away friday or saturday night game all their games are noon on a sunday. also the figures you're looking at are including tassie games that pull the average down even more.

your irrelevant comment is hypocritical as you're in a thread talking about the very team you state is 'irrelevant' - you remind me of essendon supporters being obsessed with the 'non-rivalry' of essendon v north, the very fact they're obsessed about it and hate north so much to attempt to downplay any kind of rivalry is in itself hypocritical.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
You haven't thrown any money at anyone. Cunnington was going around head hunting on the weekend, and his body language made it obvious he would have preferred to have been somewhere else like the races.

Kids need to come into an environment where they are allowed to develop. North is throwing them into the fire and expecting them to not only develop but then become super stars. This explains why they are failing to run out games. They are not fit enough yet at their early age and it is going to take 2-3 seasons for most of them to develop their engines, assuming they do not break down with injury or get sacked because of poor form. It does not take much for kids to lose confidence at this level. Smart clubs will wait in the wings and pick up some of these kids and then give them the time they need.

What North has done looks sound on paper, but it rarely works. They need experienced big mature bodies around the kids.
Round 1-Lost by 52 points to Port
Round 2-Lost by 59 points to GCS
Round 3-Lost by 128 points to Dogs
Round 4-Lost by 41 points to Adelaide.

This week they face the biggest front running team in the competition with their huge forwards. it is going to be a cricket score...
I can't help feeling that this is all part of a bigger plan to relocate North to Tassie next year, and then inject them with draft picks.

I can't help feeling that Buckley may end up coaching North or Tassie or whatever name they are if they do relocate and get some concessions. I feel so sorry for Noble. Even when you type North Melbourne senior coach into google Brendan Whitecross name and picture comes up.

You do barrack for Carlton don't you? How many first round draft picks have you had. Bit audacious for you to chip us on the rebuild!!!

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah their supporters will be keen to travel over the ocean to watch their team play.

Seriously WTF is this comment

That’s a good reason to bail out on supporting your team is it ?

Soft as babyshit if you ask me

I wouldn’t jump ship if they moved Freo to Tassie and that’s a bit different to moving from Melbourne to Tassie

I bet they’d all be back on board in a flash if they started having some success

Plenty of South Melbourne and Fitzroy fans stuck fat , they’re my kind of supporters

Back