Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead - Barney Stinson

There's too much negativity in the world today, so I thought we could do with a thread for all the little positives in our lives. Real positives. No passive aggressive positives (I'll be modding this thread hard).

Obviously it's Fremantle football themed, but if you happen to have an awesome vanilla slice, or something else great in your day, feel free to share it in here.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I thought I'd start this with a couple of positives out of yesterday's game.

Having Fyfe back. It might take a few weeks to fully get his mojo back, but gee it was good to see him playing out there without being injured or not quite 100%.

Our youngsters stepping it up. Langdon's looking the goods. I might be biased, but he's got a good kick for goal, and a really good footy brain, and yesterday was the start of him really asserting his position in the team. Weller off the backline was a great sight to see. When he first started playing there I was worried he was going there to die, but he's really taken the position on. He's fast, he's tough, and really really ridiculously good looking.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
1. Blakely did well in a position I thought he could never play well in;
2. B Hill won't be that bad next time;
3. S. Hill looked much better than anytime last year;
4. I thought our backline (although poor) wasn't as critically poor as last year - the movement overall felt better than last;
5. McCarthy was lively and will fit well into our forward line IMO and won't squander as many chances next time
6. Mundy was back to some of his better form
7. Darcy, Strnadica, Logue - when they are ready in two years time......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Blakely did well in a position I thought he could never play well in;
2. B Hill won't be that bad next time;
3. S. Hill looked much better than anytime last year;
4. I thought our backline (although poor) wasn't as critically poor as last year - the movement overall felt better than last;
5. McCarthy was lively and will fit well into our forward line IMO and won't squander as many chances next time
6. Mundy was back to some of his better form
7. Darcy, Strnadica, Logue - when they are ready in two years time......
all of this +
Balic tearing it up
1 week closer to the debut of Harley Bennell

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
McCarthy is one of the most talented players on our list. After a season to get to speed he is one preseason away from dominating the half forward line as a roaming medium tall, then dropping deep to crumb
CMac actually kicked 2 lazer beams into the 50 as well.

Kid can play. Next week it'll be more like 5.1 instead of 1.5...

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
In the light of day, I think things like the turnovers in our defensive fifty and the poor misses on goal obfuscated what our true progress is. Our self belief deflates easily and it was interesting hearing Belly talk on the ABC before the game about how when he came back from North, a big difference was that North always thought they could win it, whereas we always thought we could lose it, even if we were ahead. I wonder how the mentality is passed along from one era to another. Anyway, the positive thing is that if we can stop the turnovers in our defensive half and give ourselves more space to be creative in the forward half, I think we'd have a better idea of how we're going overall, and I think it might not be so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back